SAU Community

Exedy Clutches

Hi,

I have done a search and found everyone talking about Exedy clutches as the way to go.

What would be a good clutch for a daily driven R33 GTR, looking at around 250kw at the wheels. I need something that is not too heavy and drives like stock.

I have been told that Exedy have "single plate heavy duty" and "single plate organic sports", and I have found people to use these terms interchangeably.

Do people really know what exactly they have and can anyone confirm the difference between them?

Cheers.

You're probably best to give x-clutch in Adelaide a call (1800 CLUTCH)... Ask them what is the best clutch for 250kw at the wheels on a R33 GTR, and go from there.

My Exedy cluch can handle is a single plate that can handle that power figure, and it is only about 10% heavier than stock, they called it a "cushion button clutch".

I also got a lightened fly wheel to go with it, and they look unreal (anodised purple alloy, to match the clutch housing) it's a pity it's hidden under the car, and no one will ever see it.

Send meshmesh a PM... He's organising a deal with Exedy to give SAU an "unbeatable price" on Exedy clutches...

Also, there are something like 7 different Exedy Single Plate clutches available for RB engines so make sure you get the right one for your needs... I can't remember them all otherwise I'd list them, but there are two main groups: Ceramic and Organic clutch plates. The ceramic range are rated to hold more power than the organic ones.

sorry to jump on this thread, guys.

Unwritten law -> what kind of exedy clutch r u using? I understand that you are driving a 32 Gtst.

Thanks.

i have an excedy in mine.  Feels alot heavier than standard and bites well.  Dunno if it would be suitable for a GTR tho.

i just had a look at the receipt - it says 'heavy duty clutch kit' (daiken excedy). I am pretty sure its organic. What colour is the face of the ceramic ones? Mine was a greeny brown colour which is organic i am assuming. Cost me $420 inc GST. Nick's Performance Clutch, Archerfield 3277 9403

organic means its a full face clutch like u'r stock one usually with an upgraded pressure plate to increase the clamp.

Ceramic clutches are basically button clutches that can come with a sprung centre to help ease the initial bite, also available are brass, carbon, kevlar button.

Organic full face clutches are easier to drive and pretty user friendly but will not hold as much torque as a 3 or 5 button clutch.

i just got my exedy single plate organic sports clutch... feels exactly the same as stock which is strange... but i just can't get it to take off right:(

gtrs have a clutch booster, just likea brake booster, so the feel of the clutch is stays reasonable, even if it is a h/d.

on a gts-t there is no helper, which is why when people switch to havy duty clutches there is a dramatic change in how hard u have o push :rofl:

so basically u cant really judge how hard it will be to push unless u are talking to another gtr owner.