SAU Community

My Skyline (my baby) got stolen :(

Hey peeps .. yeh my skyline got stolen .. its an r33

BUTTTTTTT

luckily someone was looking after me from above .. they found it 2 hours later luckily ... the guy hid it 2 come back 2 it but in the process someone saw him..

yeh neways .. just thought i would share that wid u all..

oh yeh and i need a new ignition barrel .. can someone help me wid some hookups in sydney and maybe prices ... oh yeh and i want a good alarm set up ..

PLEASE your will help would be appreciated thanks :)

it got stolen from a side st like 50m off norton st in leichart ... it was like in full view i dont know man :)

no i had just a shitty alarm...  

do any of u guys got ne good security tips i can take on .. even prices ?

Are you the person in one of the streets off Allen St in Leichhardt? If so, nice to see another Skyline owner in Leichhardt :)

LW.

quiktrack or brandt.

get yourself a good 3 point immobiliser and if you want to be abit more extravagant, get yourself onto a global tracking system such as quiktrack (however you spell it).

if they steal it after that, good luck to them. thats what insurance is for.

PLEASE your will help would be appreciated thanks :rofl:

Really glad to hear you got it back...but my only advice would be to not park near Norton Street if you can help it. :D

I once parked my Mum's car with my bike in the back, covered with a blanket. Came back ten minutes later and caught a little bastard pulling it out. I'm almost sorry I shouted from a distance, which gave him time to run...

Try a Brant or Autowatch alarm/immobiliser. Anything that insurance companies like...

Isn't even talking about these locations endangering your car further?

If i was a would be thief reading these forums (and I wouldn't even have to sign up to do so.. prankkk).. and I know your car is reguarly parked on xx street.

Just saying. Be careful what you say on here sometimes.

Isn't even talking about these locations endangering your car further?  

If i was a would be thief reading these forums (and I wouldn't even have to sign up to do so.. prankkk).. and I know your car is reguarly parked on xx street.  

Just saying. Be careful what you say on here sometimes.

Predator, i agree with you trhere you can never be too careful. (maybe you should have to sign up to view the forums?). Anyway why not get a Boomerang Alaram System, it's got a pager thingy.

If you just want a 3 point immobiliser, forget Brant. They are over priced. You can pay about half as much for a similar 3 point immobiliser from Incar Options in Wetherill Park. If you want a 6 point immobiliser then you will probably have to get a Brant, but expect to pay around $1k for the privilege.

I don't think any thief is going to bother trying to get through even a 3 point immobiliser. If it's going to take more than 5 minutes to hotwire he will just tow it. If it's parked in a garage and the thief *knows* you're on holidays for a few days then even a 6 point one won't save the car.

Like the guys here said, get yourself a good alarm and immobiliser combo and try to park it off the street if possible.

I have also purchased a club lock for my car.... its another detterant that will probably make the car next to yours that doesnt have one look more appealing for a thief that wants to get the job done quickly. The company that manufactires them also usually has some kind of payment (5k I think) guarantee if your car gets stolen. Not bad for a 50 - 150 buck investment.

im surprised most of us here who are insured havent got atleast a 3 point immobiliser? i know that they wouldnt insure me unless i had quiktrack installed, another friend wouldnt insured if they didnt have a brant immobiliser installed.

jimx, what are the 6 points of immobilisation?

Franks, I have no idea. I rang up Brant and they quoted me around $800 for their 3 point one, and $1100 for their 6 point "Nemesis".

my mate recently got a Brant. He enquired about the Nemesis but the installer said that it's overpriced and using "old technology" - the paging system is a little iffy. If anything you'd get it because it is a 6 point immobiliser.

I'm trying to find a Mannix alarm installer as I'm told they're one of the leading alarms in the US.

good to hear you got your car back luck one dude, i had my car broken into about 2 years ago at my works car park i had the brant 3 pt imobalizer (needed it 4 shannons insurance) and it stopped the theives so i recon its pretty good i paid 700 od for it but this was with an alarm aswell i think it was just 450 for the imobalizer.

got a ignition barrel from a wreckers just off newbridge rd just before the bridge to liverpool $75 cant remember what there called or if they still exist,like someone previosly said youll find everthing at just jap. good luck with it

• 7 months later...
my mate recently got a Brant. He enquired about the Nemesis but the installer said that it's overpriced and using "old technology" - the paging system is a little iffy. If anything you'd get it because it is a 6 point immobiliser.

I'm trying to find a Mannix alarm installer as I'm told they're one of the leading alarms in the US.

i'm installing one atm $200 off ebay :)

Mannix Alarm On Ebay

Boys get into it!! these ARE one of the leading brands in america, and beleave me i started hooking this thing up i want someone to finish it lol! it got more than i barganed for! but i working it out slowly *wires everywhere*

go to the link and have a read up!