SAU Community

Aroca Track Day Sandown June 12Th

Downforce

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds crazy to me, he's placed me in group 1 aswell. and i ran a best of 1.34 last time out.

i have requested to change run groups though

in sept last year he ran 6 groups and i still got way more track time than ive had at any other track day.....

if your onto something good.... stick with it i say

Yeh I'm not quite sure what he is trying to do there.

There is a huge difference between a 22 and a 34, I'm sure it will be sorted out Alfa are always on the ball.

If it does rain I'm fscked anyway, the car has heaps more response now... grip might be an issue lol :whistling: Hope no one runs into me >_<

according to BOM forecast for Sunday:

showers.png Min 9, Max 15, Mainly dry.

Melbourne area

Partly cloudy. The chance of a light shower or two. Winds southeasterly averaging 10 to 20 km/h.

well i just looked up the results from last year, and my mistake we actually had 6 runs not 6 groups.

there were 4 groups of around 20-25 cars much the same as is planned for sunday

i do remember there being a fair bit of traffic but i was in group 4 back then which was a bit scattered (as always)

ive been moved to group 3 which should suit me better (and everyone else in group 1)

im pumped up for a good day out

Haha yeah i got that one... I've never come off there, but there's always a few muppets who think their car and/or driving skill is better than it is and end up coming in way too hot and overshooting the apex. I find it's pretty helpful to use the brakes followed quickly by turning the special device known as a steering wheel to stay on the track :rofl2:

For everyone else's benefit:

THE BIGGEST SAFETY NOTE:

Due to recent wet weather and grounds work, the area right of and beyond TURN 1 and area after the ripple strip area on the right are extremely wet and muddy. If you enter TURN 1 too fast and run off the track and into that area to the right, YOU WILL BE BURIED IN MUD AND BE BOGGED. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET OUT WITHOUT 4WD ASSISTANCE.

So be prepared, sight the track and that area in question during your PRACTICE SESSION and be familiar with the conditions.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED AND WE DO NOT WANT TO BE CONSTANTLY PULLING YOUR CAR OUT AND WASTING VALUABLE TRACK TIME.

Well it was a short day for me, I'm back home already. Some pretty quick fully prepped race cars there, and weaving through traffic was fun :D One of the mini's on slicks with a full cage kept taking me under brakes at the end of the back straight then I went flying past him again on the straight lol

I had a minor issue with the car and decided to call it in early. Happy with the car overall though, it's a whole different animal compared to the previous setup :D Just need to tweak a few things before Sandown in July, hopefully will get the car ready in time.

Handbags finished up early too. As did Jonno, but I'll let him post up about his day.

Well organised event though, thanks to the Alfa club - they know how to run an event. The Audi S5 pace car sounded tuff as.

Now I'm off to relax and enjoy the sunshine!! :cheers:

Handbags finished up early too. As did Jonno, but I'll let him post up about his day.

Ok well I was going to come down but if you've all left I won't bother...

..I had a minor issue..

I'd hate to see a major issue of that sort, heaheaheahe

Yeh my day was shit. Traffic, then Audi off and red flag...then this on the warm up lap in the second session....