SAU Community

Help Me Pick A Bunkie Car!

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have enough time I think ... thats not much of a problem

Tools/Skill/Space to work on is the biggest issue for me ... really need to check out M'Mates place for SAUWA members thumbsup.gif

wtf .. i think the r31 just got sold the ads no longer on gumtree

HOW do these cars get sold in <1 day this is ridiculous!

Edited by Jonno34

why not just ask the guys at the laser wreckers for a bargain bomb. tell them you work next door they should look after you ok..they're a good little car and support is right next door if you need it.it will also use lot less fuel than a 3lt skyline.

my mate had an old KA laser with flat top pistons and some head work and it flew. see if the headgasket is gone it means you have to take the head off, with all these little old cars you simply send the head away for some porting and tougher springs and shave it for higher compression and you will have a little rocket,it really is that easy with little four bangers as long as your compression is good .Sure it wont beat a skyline in a straight line but they make great little zippy cars that are lots of fun corner great and are easy to park. Much more fun than a boring 3lt auto tank if you ask me :D

If you tell the guys at the wrecker this is what your looking for I reckon they would help you out..

Arthur that sounds like a good idea, would probably be able to get a good car from them, but would I have to get it to pass the pits/no rego etc?

No more R31s for sale in perth at a affordable price :(

Checking out 2 corollas today, a 1980 sedan and 1983 hatch :)

Well the hatch felt very weird to drive so thats a no go-er

the sedan is very likely though, the owner said hes taking it into a mechanics for me to check everything out and if it checks out well then we'll see :thumbsup.gif

Just one question ... were they missing a side mirror on the left hand side? the owner said its a factory thing ...

And also how hard is a dodgy speedo to fix?

Edited by Jonno34

Oh wow never knew that about the one mirror :s

Yeah I've googled it and it seems to be an easy fix!

Pretty sure this one is confirmed :)!

Its here! I name it .. Bob the Bunky

1980 corolla sedan .. pics will be up asap! I should take it to work and give it a real good detail/clean first

Its worse than I initially thought but I picked it up for 800 bucks .. gonna get a mate who knows his stuff over and give it a real good checking out

http://perth.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Motorbikes-Parts-cars-Civic-W0QQAdIdZ286912591

I checked out that tonight.

Lol, its got 423km on the lock, apparently 100km on the motor (this i believe, it was sweet as)

Needs fair bit cosmetic work but mech seems great, cold ac and all... But 423km! Guy plainly said he could've chucked in a low km cluster but didn't want to lie.. good on him. I'm inbetween about it atm..

http://perth.gumtree...AdIdZ286528125#

thats the ad!

James that looks like a nice buy! How many cars do you have now? LOL

Pretty sure the 1980 rollas were RWD Yeah?

Yes I'm a bit bummed about the a/c ... but I havent found any other car that drives better, and id rather a nice well working car without a/c i guess .. although im probably just saying that while its winter!

Edited by Jonno34

I also just discovered the top half of the dash is missing and the passengers side window doesnt have the windy thingo ... TO THE WRECKERS?

Sounds good to me! Cosmetic is nothing IMO. I would believe the bloke if he said that too, plus you said it runs nice. I had an old vr commodore when I got my p's and ran it up to 390km and after doing the engine, box and suspension it drove like new. If I had slapped a low k dash in you wouldn't tell the difference!