SAU Community

Superspark Vrs Split Fire Coil Packs

i have a r32 gtst and i just wanted to know what coilpacks ppl prefer, i was looking at superspark or split fire i can't decide.

depends how much $ you want to spend, ive read many different opinions on which coilpacks to use (plenty of brands to choose from)so at the end of the day its up to you

cant say i have had much luck with superspark's. my first set started missing about a week into use. then got another set on warrenty and there also starting to miss after a few months of use. had to re gape the plugs to make it not splutter under boost.

Well even though both are good, the owner of Superspark has a reputation for honouring his warranty; whereas Splitfire is reluctant to do so.

Looms need to still be in good condition in case some questions arise.

i don't care about how much they are, i just want something that will just work, and keep working, ive had so many problems with coilpacks im up to my 3ed set so i just want something good.

Edited by shishi

Insufficient info...

Are your looms flexible as they should be?

Does your car use an ignitor?

Over how may kms and under what sort of load is your car going through?

Insufficient info...

Are your looms flexible as they should be?

Does your car use an ignitor?

Over how may kms and under what sort of load is your car going through?

how flexible does the loom have to be? i don't think mines flexible at all

i have an ignitor

she has done 114541 ks

and my car just goes through everyday driving for now.

this question might sound stupid but i can use my old harness to connect all the coils to my ignitor pack ay?

What coilpacks are in your car now? If you are simply replacing 15 year old Nissan coilpacks with second hand 15 year old Nissan coilpacks then obviously you will still have problems.

Brand new Nissan coilpacks are the best you can get however quite dear. Hence why every one goes Splitfire coilpacks. Everything else made in Taiwan or China is obviously not going to be as good quality. Hence the price being so much cheaper.

If you are still having missfire problems even on brand new coilpacks then the issue lies elsewhere.

Hi Guys Stock coil packs sprayed with EURTHANE SEAL COAT,

i have done few sets & there sweet as,

current set has 50,000kms,

still going strong,

few may have read posts i have put up,

few photos of what i have tryed firber washer under mount,trying to reduce heat in to coilpack,

good mod for $30 all up,

post-36964-0-61834900-1306813214_thumb.jpgpost-36964-0-63972400-1306813033_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...

Hi Guys Stock coil packs sprayed with EURTHANE SEAL COAT,

i have done few sets & there sweet as,

current set has 50,000kms,

still going strong,

few may have read posts i have put up,

few photos of what i have tryed firber washer under mount,trying to reduce heat in to coilpack,

good mod for $30 all up,

post-36964-0-61834900-1306813214_thumb.jpgpost-36964-0-63972400-1306813033_thumb.jpg

sorry to dig up an old post, going through missfire problems saw this post liked the cheapfix.

Question, would you bother to go one step further and remove spark plugs tape over thread/seat surface and EURTHANE SEAL COAT the spark tubes and surrounding end to end of the head.