SAU Community

Non-turbo...disappointing?

HI all I have recently got a non-turbo R33 as a temporary car...and i was just wondering...what cars u can actually beat in it? I mean i was given a good run by a Celica the other day...and i was a bit disappointed.....I mean surely i cant expect to beat a V8, or a turbo import.....but what about Commodores and Falcons?

Ta

excels

there decent cars dude. of course there no turbo so wat do u expect.

if ya wanna go beating v8's, turbo's then just upgrade.

but complaining about a temp r33 skyline even if its n/a...... and being 18 well it could be alot worse

im his mate, man dont be disapointed with it, there awesome cars, ive beaten old v8 statesmans, any v6 commy or falcon, i cam dead even with a mates ex persuit v6 commodore and those things push over 200kw's at the fly wheel, if u can drive the thing it shouldnt be a problem, i also slaughter all the ca18det 180's and silvias as long as there not modded. though mine isnt exactly stock its not far off it, and im talking with out the power adder aswell.

it still a damn reliable car with a great interior and one that handles and stops like no other.

straight line power isn't everything... ever taken a corner in a commonwhore? or a falcon? like driving a bus! and their braking feels like the pads are made of cotton wool!

handling + braking + confort + practicallity + performance = good car

R33GTS has its finger in the pie of each of the above categories makign it a good car...

To be honest I was dissapointed with the turbo in stock form.

Had a VS V8 5speed with 3.5" exhaust when I first picked it up. Was extremely dissapointed with that, did mods was a little happier but it was laggy/gutless as crap below 3500rpm. Then things started to break. First the rear irs chassis then the gearbox then the diff. All within 9 months.

So.. it comes down to ones expectations.

Thanks for the info guys....c i had a GTST r33 stockie as a learner car...so i guess the drop was kinda big....but my dad said he wants my to drive a n/a on my own for at least six months so that i dont die.

Tell him to put u through one of those driver training courses.

Skid pan.. :D

They are good fun, teach you a lot :D

I remember when I first got my license, that is really what I needed. I didn't realise how dangerous some of the things I did were. I was lucky.

Thanks for the info guys....c i had a GTST r33 stockie as a learner car...so i guess the drop was kinda big....but my dad said he wants my to drive a n/a on my own for at least six months so that i dont die.

very good idea, get used to it then get a powerful car

NA_33 left out the bit where he was beaten by a non turbo R31 (mine)

Going fast in a straight line takes stuff all skill in a normal road car. You will be a better driver if you learn to corner/slide/brake/apply power in a controlled environment - like a skidpan, driver training centre, or track.

The 31 on the skidpan below set the quickest time round that track last skidpan. There were 8 R33 GTS-t's there i think. A turbo isn't the be all and end all. I want one so bad it hurts, but driving a slower/inferior car taught me a lot more than driving a good fast car would have. You need to learn to drive, not win red light drag races.