SAU Community

Paint Matching Then Put Into A Spray Can?

Errrrr.... Where did you get that quote?.... Definitely interested, due to price LOL

Have you got anything sprayed there?

EDIT: Does that include paint and everything? Or only just labour?

Errrrr.... Where did you get that quote?.... Definitely interested, due to price LOL

Have you got anything sprayed there?

EDIT: Does that include paint and everything? Or only just labour?

sorry should of mentioned that was dirt cheap cause I knew him fairly well..and I have some leftover paint from my respray..

but they supply clear and everything else needed..

the bonnet quote was just some random shop but..

I got 4 quotes in Brisbane to spray my front lip... the cheapest was $390 from some random dude working from a home looking shop, the average was $500 and a well known shop @ moss street wanted $610...

Did it myself in a few hours for $100 with autobarn products (can+clear+sandpaper+primer+soft sanding block+bolts) bought everything literally for that price

$390?.....

I woulda thought most prices for a lip is around $150-250. I got mine sprayed for $200.

If it's $390 or 610, do they blend the lip in with some of the front bar? Or they just charging you so much because of fitting it?

my vented bonnet was $350 to spray black from gel coat...

my front bar was $220 to spray in two colours, black and silver...

get it done by a professional, less headaches and good results, and if they stuff it up they just have to do it again...

$390?.....

I woulda thought most prices for a lip is around $150-250. I got mine sprayed for $200.

If it's $390 or 610, do they blend the lip in with some of the front bar? Or they just charging you so much because of fitting it?

lol I budgeted for $200 tops to get it done haha.

The $610 one said they was going to blend it into the bar.

They all said 'we need to take off the bumper' and all quoted that into the price. I have no idea why they thought taking it off would of saved time... I didn't remove mine and it was cake installing it.

I honestly thought $200 was a good budget so you can imagine the facial expressions when I heard their prices

Yeh when I got my GTR wing painted, the cheapest guy I found was an old bloke working for himself, $200. All the bigger workshops wanted $500+.

They'll charge you an arm and a leg if they can. That's why I learned to use an air gun and now spray everything myself. Resprayed my bonnet, fenders, front bar and rear bar for $120 :D

my vented bonnet was $350 to spray black from gel coat...

my front bar was $220 to spray in two colours, black and silver...

get it done by a professional, less headaches and good results, and if they stuff it up they just have to do it again...

Some of us only want average results and cheap prices :P i.e for drift cars etc

Is your car a factory color?

I wouldnt really recommend painting it yourself, even with a 100% paint match you will never get the proper gloss or finish like the factory paint. If you can do the prep work your self it should only cost around $200-300 to get them done by a shop.

I painted my front bar on my hr31 and it came up good but no where near as good as a pro job, and i've painted cars before so I know the prep work was spot on.

If a shop is trying to charge you more then $400 they obviously cbf doing the job, its f**k all work to paint 2 side skirts.

I got my skirts and pods painted at Donnelons in Kew, they did an awesome job and was a very good price.