SAU Community

Compliance With Vic Roads

lav

Guys,

My car just got defective and i need to take it into Vic Roads for clearing it....part of the list is Air Filter...

Now, some says that we can have one mod, Air Pod or intercooler and some says that everything needs to be standard.....

i have clarified this with a mechanic that i can have air pod if my intercooler is standard, which it is....is that true???

i just need second opinion on this as i dont want to fail the test with Vic Roads....

Just for laugh....when i got pull over, the cop says that i should not have an intercooler on my car!!!!! i said its a turbo car and it need to have an intercooler....guess what his reply was???

NO, you shouldn't have an intercooler...i still cant believe it and still laugh to it till now!!!! i dont have anything against them as they are doing their job, but i think they need to know a bit more about cars if they want to pull someone over....dont you reckon???

Thanks guys :)

I'm not sure how VIC works .. but that seems abit harsh. For future reference just tell them that everything is factory standard .. and to take it up with Nissan if they have issue's. Has worked for me and some of my mates, *shrug* but that's in QLD / NSW

Clearing defects can be a pain, hang in there.

Standard intercooler in place - pod filters are ok as long they aren't oil based.

^ This.

If you do NOT have oiled pods, then I'd be contesting the defect to prove a point.

100% one intake modification is legal on a GTR as long as they are non-oil PODs.

if you have the bits just put the stock bits back on to clear the issue and get on with it

no need to contest it if you have the parts and its a a simple swap - or even borrow them

if you have the bits just put the stock bits back on to clear the issue and get on with it

no need to contest it if you have the parts and its a a simple swap - or even borrow them

this..

why bother. just swap it back after n keep a copy of the code for the next cop that tries to defect you for it.

screw fighting with them, just because you fight it with one cop, doesnt mean the next cop wont know

Thanks a lot guys....

i dont have the stock parts, i wish i had them...ill take it in as it is with pods as my intercooler is standard.....

There is a need to contest.

EVERY single incorrect defect, fine & otherwise should be contested.

If people stopped being such pussies and defended themselves - the courts would soon become clogged and the system would then be looked at.

People rolling over are the reason people keep getting reamed.

Any incorrect defect notice - I've taken to court. And will do so until i die.

There is a need to contest.

EVERY single incorrect defect, fine & otherwise should be contested.

If people stopped being such pussies and defended themselves - the courts would soon become clogged and the system would then be looked at.

People rolling over are the reason people keep getting reamed.

Any incorrect defect notice - I've taken to court. And will do so until i die.

Well said.

Why would you not contest it, if you get a defect for something that is legal then why wouldnt you contest it.

If I ever get a bullshit defect they will never hear the end of it.

lav if u want to still not risk it and want a standard air box, pm me...i have one sitting around for the same reason...you can borrow them if u wish :D

with a flash point of more than 300degrees?

does anybody's engine bay go above 100degrees?

mobile phones also cant cause fires at a petrol station

but your still not allowed them.