SAU Community

Hks Ssq Bov Flutter?

Iv got a hks ssq bov that doesn't flutter was wondering if there's any way to make it? Don't get me wrong I love the sound of the standard sound but would like to hear Wat it sounds like.fluttering any ideas?

There is a bolt on the back for adjustment..

Thanks

-Jayden-

Iv got a hks ssq bov that doesn't flutter was wondering if there's any way to make it? Don't get me wrong I love the sound of the standard sound but would like to hear Wat it sounds like.fluttering any ideas?

There is a bolt on the back for adjustment..

Thanks

-Jayden-

Want flutter? Don't run a bov. A bov is designed to stop compressor surge (flutter)

How do I achieve flutter with out surging?

Blank your bov or block the vacuum line(not with stock bov because it will still open on full boost). im not sure on the hp limit but i wouldnt do it over 300hp. someone should be able to shed some better light on the subject.

Edited by Blueone

^ Shit post is shit

Tightening the BOV or blocking it is just going to cause compressor surge. Stao told me to avoid any compressor surge but I really do like the sound of it.

Only if you tighten it too much.. I think you will find that true compressor surge is actually when the engine cant swallow the boost the turbo is throwing at it.

It will frighten you...

^ Shit post is shit

Tightening the BOV or blocking it is just going to cause compressor surge. Stao told me to avoid any compressor surge but I really do like the sound of it.

Cool story bro!

having no BOV does not cause compressor surge :thumbsup:

Agreed. It was a simple question with a simple answer. if you dont like flutter, then f**k off and dont post. Noone cares what you have to say.

So anyway, back OT, im guessing there will be a little locking nut you need to undo, then wind the screw in a few turns, and re lock the nut.

Just try it on different settings untill you find a sound you like.

I have a Greddy Type RS and did the same. I didnt want flutter, but having it really loose sounded poop, so i tightened it up a touch. I get flutter at very low load/boost and light VAC, but once the boost is up a few psi it opens properly.

I dont see it causing any harm. Has been like it for a year or so now.

Define the flutter you want?

I had my ssq tightened as far as it would go. When it opened it would make a chattering sound.

If u want dose....just take the vac line off the bov and block it.

Agreed. It was a simple question with a simple answer. if you dont like flutter, then f**k off and dont post. Noone cares what you have to say.

So anyway, back OT, im guessing there will be a little locking nut you need to undo, then wind the screw in a few turns, and re lock the nut.

Just try it on different settings untill you find a sound you like.

I have a Greddy Type RS and did the same. I didnt want flutter, but having it really loose sounded poop, so i tightened it up a touch. I get flutter at very low load/boost and light VAC, but once the boost is up a few psi it opens properly.

I dont see it causing any harm. Has been like it for a year or so now.

Thanks mate did just that it sounds great but I'm running standard turbo standard boost and it sounds like its coming out of the pod but coz its low boost it can't do n e damage can it ?

Thanks mate did just that it sounds great but I'm running standard turbo standard boost and it sounds like its coming out of the pod but coz its low boost it can't do n e damage can it ?

I ran my stock turbo with a blocked BOV since I bought the car. Took it out, there is very minimal shaft play. Never had any issues. The sound will be coming out of your pod.

Some people think flutter is the bov opening and closing rapidly... I don't think this happens. Although those are generally youtube comments. I'm gonna reinstall my turbosmart BOV after I get my plumb back adapter and tighten it up so I get flutter on low boost but don't risk damage on higher boost.

lol to all the people saying surge isnt flutter, they are teh saem thing as the car above on the dyno, just happen when you lift off instead of under load. As far as the turbo is concerned it is the same thing(running too far to the left of the compressor map past the surge line)

Reverb.

The trapped boost pressure when the throttle plate is closed has no here to go but back out through the compressor turbine and out the airfilter.

A BOV releases this pressure so it doesnt have to force its way back through the turbine.

I run my BOV's fairly tight so at low boost you get a reverb(flutter) but anything over 9psi the bov helps to release the pressure.

I have never seen or heard of a turbo dieing due to this.

lol to all the people saying surge isnt flutter, they are teh saem thing as the car above on the dyno, just happen when you lift off instead of under load. As far as the turbo is concerned it is the same thing(running too far to the left of the compressor map past the surge line)

Compressor surge is not flutter.