SAU Community

Id Injectors

tk80

Guys

I'm on the hunt for some ID2000 injectors and am being told different things by different shops. Coming here to hopefully clear it up.

this is what i've been told...

Injector Dynamics don't manufacture injectors they flow test and report injectors and publish results that are inflated. This is due to using Petrol as testing fluid, rather than calibration fluid that the manufacturers use.

Bosch is the manufacturer of these units and this injectors great success comes all down to Bosch being the current market leaders with injector technologies.

We (powerflow performance) offer the same or some customers say, a better level of service and product quality to the ID products.

All fuel injectors sold by Powerflow Performance, undergo flow testing and packed into matched sets within a maximum of 2% variation. *Note* 1680, 2000 & 2200cc injectors matched tolerances of up to 5%.

so...is this true or false?

And who here has any experience with powerflow performance in melbourne? if yes, good or bad?

thanks

Of course the sales rep is going to say their product is better

I use genuine ID2000's and the car idles and drives like factory.

I used a local injector (wont say name) previously and it was terrible.

Well worth spending the coin on the proper gear and not trying to save a few dollars when it comes to injectors.

Guys

I'm on the hunt for some ID2000 injectors and am being told different things by different shops. Coming here to hopefully clear it up.

this is what i've been told...

Injector Dynamics don't manufacture injectors they flow test and report injectors and publish results that are inflated. This is due to using Petrol as testing fluid, rather than calibration fluid that the manufacturers use.

Bosch is the manufacturer of these units and this injectors great success comes all down to Bosch being the current market leaders with injector technologies.

We (powerflow performance) offer the same or some customers say, a better level of service and product quality to the ID products.

All fuel injectors sold by Powerflow Performance, undergo flow testing and packed into matched sets within a maximum of 2% variation. *Note* 1680, 2000 & 2200cc injectors matched tolerances of up to 5%.

so...is this true or false?

And who here has any experience with powerflow performance in melbourne? if yes, good or bad?

thanks

Powerflow is VPW and they are a fantastic company but to rubbish ID's is just crazy, it shows a lack of understanding on their behalf.... maybe too many carby guys there.

Out of all the injectors ive used over the years the ID's really do perform as per expectations... im happy to pay extra for matched sets..... my egt results confirm it.

btw 5% of 2200 is a whopping 110cc......

I used a local injector (wont say name) previously and it was terrible.

By local injector, do you mean a locally supplied or locally made/highflowed injector?

If locally supplied, was that also a flow matched bosch?

Be careful buying online from EBay as there are copies getting around for cheap.

VPW are pretty good for price and genuine Bosch stuff. You can also try MTQ Engine Systems as they are a Bosch dealer

Retail is only $750 with adaptors for the ID1000's and $1050 for the ID2000's. Any more than that and you're paying too much

point me in the right direction for the id2000's for $1050...thx

Retail is only $750 with adaptors for the ID1000's and $1050 for the ID2000's. Any more than that and you're paying too much

I know theyre the same injector, but are you talking about ID2000's or standard bosch 2200cc EV14's straight out of the packet?

injector dynamics modify the existing bosch ev14 injector with there own nozel. because they are a ball type injector this is posible. (not a pintle and seat.)

The bosch and ID injectors are identical. Injector dynamics take a bosch injector, put their pretty nozel on the end (which makes no difference to the spray pattern), machine off the last 3 digits of the part number and flow and dead time test each batch.

When you buy a bosch injector locally, you get the same bosch injector, last three digits of the part number are machined off (to protect bosch) and they are flow tested etc.

I know if I had the choice, I'd be going genuine Bosch, unmodified and exactly how they were intended. They flow the same anyway and the price is better. Win/win