SAU Community

Need Pads And Discs 33Gtr

Hey guys just bought a 33 gtr and it has after market brakes but the discs and pads need replacing can someone recommend me some good brakes for front and back with a budget 1.5 - 2k

Thankyou

What do you mean by "after market brakes"? Rotors? Calipers? Rotors and calipers?

For DBA rotors, check the DBA website (obviously). RDA also make a slotted rotor - check the traders threads on the forum.

The rotors and brake pads are different front and rear. Brake Pads - Front = DB1170, Rear = DB1220

What do you mean by "after market brakes"? Rotors? Calipers? Rotors and calipers?

For DBA rotors, check the DBA website (obviously). RDA also make a slotted rotor - check the traders threads on the forum.

The rotors and brake pads are different front and rear. Brake Pads - Front = DB1170, Rear = DB1220

If i was to go the DBA 4000 series 6X6 WIPER-SLOT

with the DBA Brake Pads how much should i be looking at?

I got a price for the above..300ea for the rotors

Is that for the 5000 or 4000 series? It's ridiculously cheap for the 5000, but a bit expensive for the 4000...

and 200 a pair for the pads not incl gst is that good?

Ultimates are rated to 550, alternatively we've got European made Remsa pads (what we supply to Porsche/Ferrari etc. as a trade servicing pad) which is rated to 650 degrees, and $119 for the front, and $110 for the rear. Or QFM HPX, which are equivalent to the Ultimate's performance wise, but low dust and rotor wear, $110 per set front or rear.

Is that for the 5000 or 4000 series? It's ridiculously cheap for the 5000, but a bit expensive for the 4000...

Ultimates are rated to 550, alternatively we've got European made Remsa pads (what we supply to Porsche/Ferrari etc. as a trade servicing pad) which is rated to 650 degrees, and $119 for the front, and $110 for the rear. Or QFM HPX, which are equivalent to the Ultimate's performance wise, but low dust and rotor wear, $110 per set front or rear.

Ive been quoted 310 Ea for the 5000series fronts and $170 4000 series rear

Do you have those Remsa pads in stock? is that number in your sig. the best number to contact you on? would like to possibly talk more about the pads

What :O $310 each for the 5000 sereis, thats like 1/2 the list price on the dba website?

Why choose Dba anyways? I've had a few mates have there rotors crack on them and they seem like a pretty soft compound. I spoke to a guy at a brake place and he doesnt really rate them either, especially for double to price of rda's you'd expect something pretty damn good.

What :O $310 each for the 5000 sereis, thats like 1/2 the list price on the dba website?

Why choose Dba anyways? I've had a few mates have there rotors crack on them and they seem like a pretty soft compound. I spoke to a guy at a brake place and he doesnt really rate them either, especially for double to price of rda's you'd expect something pretty damn good.

I've heard from a work mate that 5000's are the best value for money rotors around - and this guy is a trackday junkie. Yes, 4000 do crack, but not 5000's.

Personal expereince - I wouldn't bother with Bendix pads if you are into spirited driving, mountains etc - get some Ferodo DS2500's.

first of all what do you mean by 'aftermarket brakes'? do you just mean it has replacement rotors on it? or does it have aftermarket calipers with larger rotors or what? you need to first confirm that you are needing standard sized rotors and pads.

then take it from there.