SAU Community

Sump Dinted, Risk Of No Oil Flow?

51NNA

Hey all, i recently put an rb25 in my 32, after installing it i realised there was a dint in the sump, now im getting plently of oil preasure but you can have preasure but no flow, considering i have to drop the K frame to change the sump i was hoping the oil pickup is at the very back of the low section of the sump where there is no dint, heres some pics.

post-74177-0-15015000-1313581719_thumb.jpg

post-74177-0-12782300-1313581767_thumb.jpg

post-74177-0-87240100-1313581793_thumb.jpg

it 'might' be fine, but if it was my car i'd be fixing it... yes a hassle if you have to drop front subframe but once it's off it's fairly easy to beat flat again. it's certainly not going things any good as with dent in the middle oil is actually pooling away from the pick-up.

how tuff is the metal there?

im thinking a super strong magnet (and beleive me they can come reall strong) combined with a breaker bar + heating up the dented area with a heat gun n there is the possibility of popping that dent back out.

Not that if heard of it being done but avoiding having to drop the K frame is always a good option right?

I doubt that would be enough and the only way to get the amount of heat your talking about is through an oxy which i would think could do more harm then good. Just live with it or if really paranoid do it properly.

Since mates of mine own a crash shop I used a dent puller. The type that spot welds a rivet on and you attach a pull type slide hammer to that and pull the area down. Worked real well til I tore a rivet out a d put a hole in the sump lol. Well I spot welded that on the car also ;)

Edited by Simon-S14

mine was dented worse then that by the incomptent idiots at the tyre shop who deicded to use it as a jacking point,

it didnt have any issues with no oil flow etc.

i got mine hammered out when i took the motor out when i rebuilt it.

Since mates of mine own a crash shop I used a dent puller. The type that spot welds a rivet on and you attach a pull type slide hammer to that and pull the area down. Worked real well til I tore a rivet out a d put a hole in the sump lol. Well I spot welded that on the car also ;)

ahahahha. Gold.:rofl2:

Was the sump full so it then proceeded to piss oil out everywhere reminding you just how much of a fail you had managed to succeed?