SAU Community

Show Us Your Non-Stagea

pipster11

My first car was an '73 AMC Hornet (& no, it was pretty old when I got it, lol). Looks like the same 'burnt orange' colour as yours.

I'm glad cars have come a long way since then. Mine got 20mpg & went/handled worse than anything from Kia or Daewoo these days. I'm sure your's is better tho... :whistling:

• 3 months later...

love both of them :D I'm not that familiar with specs, are either of them irs? And is wikipedia right that your coupe is one of 120?

"In 1979, 120 2-door coupé models were assembled in Australia, apparently due to a mix-up with Nissan Australia's kit ordering system."

good to see people keeping it in the family.

Hmm actually there are quite a few more than that around.

There are 4 in WA, and I know of about 6 or so in the Eastern States.

It is rumoured that every Ford Dealer had one car for display.

Here are some from a recent show in the UK. This photo shows the shape better.

post-30601-0-20977200-1315975943_thumb.jpg

As I said but lost it, Looks like it was modeled on the Corsair or maybe BelAir? LOL

My first new car was a rare 64,Cortina, 4 door with a floor change Wood grain dash. full internal GT trim and bucket seats

love both of them :D I'm not that familiar with specs, are either of them irs? And is wikipedia right that your coupe is one of 120?

"In 1979, 120 2-door coupé models were assembled in Australia, apparently due to a mix-up with Nissan Australia's kit ordering system."

good to see people keeping it in the family.

Neither of them are IRS, the reason the 1600 stayed more popular for rallying (even though the Stanza won plenty of Southern Cross and World Rally events). Came out standard with L16 (1.6) and the Aus one had bigger brakes than the Jap one. Stanzas were homologated with a 2L motor, so both of these have L20 motors in them. The rally car's L20 is significantly tougher than the coupe (as are all the other bits on it).

Wikipedia is almost right - there were 150 coupes apparently. They were supposed to go to South Africa, but arrived in Melbourne and were assembled here, so despite being a messed up import, have Aus compliance plates. Nissan built one for George Fury with a Z18 Turbo in it. I met the guy that owned it a few years ago and he informed me that it had been written off by someone running into it.

Glad you like them! I must admit, since buying my M35, the factors of air con, injection and a turbo mean the coupe doesn't get driven as much as she should... :blush:

I'm new around here... kinda.

Haven't quite got my Stagea yet, but here's my non-Stagea:

Fairly stock, still has the original redtop RB20

5776799758_cce5a170ab_b.jpg

Noice!

I'll see your 31 and raise you mine, semi adm spec lol

IMG_20120112_125051.jpg

Hey Pipster, many years ago I had a Silhouette R31 exactly like yours. Same colour scheme. Mine had an RB20DET with RX7 turbo and the JDM front struts. It wasn't tuned well, but went like hell with that turbo. Absolute great fun to drive.

Loving that VW Squareback posted earlier.

Anyway, here's my collection. First up, my GT40 replica that my Dad, Brother and I are restoring. It hasn't run in 10 years. We've had it since last June and have decided to strip it back to a bare chassis and rebuild from there.

How it looked when we bought it:

P1010617.jpg

How it looks now:

P1020866.JPG

Stag and Mini in the background while my mate Jim builds a computer model of the chassis:

P1020869.JPG

Blog here if anyone's keen to see more: http://gt40project.blogspot.com

Next up, my misses' Mini Cooper S. It's a 2003 model with John Cooper Works kit. We've had it for a year and a half. Looks nice, goes nice, handles nice, but likes to self-destruct. I have a love-hate relationship with it. It needs more maintenance than the 260RS.

post-9210-0-69072500-1328011538_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

M35's are one of the newer era cars I have owned. My obsession with the nissan marque started with datsuns. In particular the B chassis series. [datto 1200's] A couple of pics of my B110 sedan, built up to the 1971 GX spec [it was my daily driver before I bought stagea]. and a couple of my KB110 circuit car..

DSC_0124.jpg?t=1242083872

Shift1.jpg

P5140813.jpg

KB110

4568.jpg

5159.jpg

5376.jpg

Edited by bennyb110

Jez,

Our fathers have a similar taste in cars! Is that a XK120 or 140?

I grew up fixing my old mans English cars with him, and trust me, there was a lot of fixing!