SAU Community

Intake

i went to the mechanics the other day to talm about a intake and they said i would gain more power out of my rb25de 4 door 25gt with a knN pannel filter and getting rid of the silncer pipe, i was thinking more along the lines of a custom intake box with a pod filter? whats better help guys

pod>stock panel

highflow panel>pod

cai+pod>=highflow panel

/thread

P.S cai = cold air intake

and all of which = bugger all actual gain in power (may feel like it has gained power, but it might be 1 or 2kw at most)

Go with a Pod Filter + Cold Air setup and purchase a Pod Heat shield from Just Jap for about 150.....makes the engine bay look Mad and Cops more likely to let you off a defect. My mate is always stressing he cant drive his R34 when the cops are out on the prowl because they will defect him for a Open Pod Filter, if your going for a Pod Filter get it closed up.

Edited by starwarz

i went to the mechanics the other day to talm about a intake and they said i would gain more power out of my rb25de 4 door 25gt with a knN pannel filter and getting rid of the silncer pipe, i was thinking more along the lines of a custom intake box with a pod filter? whats better help guys

Don't do it - you actually lose power if you remove it.

High flow filter is the only worthy thing changing.

I don't understand why people want to undo such good work a team of highly educated Nissan Engineers, with unlimited dyno time and with millions of R&D budget put in place.

Don't do it - you actually lose power if you remove it.

High flow filter is the only worthy thing changing.

I don't understand why people want to undo such good work a team of highly educated Nissan Engineers, with unlimited dyno time and with millions of R&D budget put in place.

cause doing fully sick mods will always gain killerwasps.........

/sarcasm

When i first got my 31 after about 6 months i put a k&n pod and cai kit on was ok felt more responsive etc, cop gave me a warning about it, i put old setup back on with new panel filter, felt the same response increase, 6 months later another new panel filter, once again it felt more responsive.

In short replace filters often (i also did all filters spark plugs and oil changes at the same time)

i removed my silencer pipes the intake is now louder and to me it feels more responsive but hey im no engineer just a med student :S i know nothing of blow of valves but i do bicuspid valves :P

i have heard a lot of possible mods but never removing Silence Piping....are these in the pipes before the AFM pinch.gif

• 4 weeks later...

dont kno if n/a models still have holes cut under the air box (same chassis but never looked at an n/a one) but why not just make your own going through these two holes. completely away from your ingine and use high flow panel in air box with holes cut in bottom and pipes through these holes out infront of the sront passenger wheel

were they back to back tests on the same day, just a few minutes apart? if not then you can't rule out some variance due to weather differences, differences in how tightly the car is tied down, etc.

also the gains on a v35 will be different to an older rb motor. i'm guessing you'd see more gains on a v35 than on an rb

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

whats the go with the silencer pipes, where r these located?

If you look at your intake and have a feel around one is located just up from the maf a box on the bottom and where the intake connects to the throttle body there is a black box looking thing on the right of the throttle body. I just removed them and replaced them with aluminium tube from auto barn it looks cool :D