SAU Community

My Sub Box Build

Fgjoh

thanks mate. the pics don't do it justice I'll need to take some during the day

i might be making one for the the side too :whistling:

so i might take a few more pics of the build and post them up

Edited by Fgjoh

that's exactly where i wanna put mine, cause of requirements with space etc. i can't just buy a normal box, and slim box just sitting there would look f***in stupid, details on how it was done, costs etc. or just how much to make me one. :thumbsup: im sure u would almost be able to start a production line for all us C34 owners, i would think there'd be a bit of interest. Looks trick, very professional

that's exactly where i wanna put mine, cause of requirements with space etc. i can't just buy a normal box, and slim box just sitting there would look f***in stupid, details on how it was done, costs etc. or just how much to make me one. :thumbsup: im sure u would almost be able to start a production line for all us C34 owners, i would think there'd be a bit of interest. Looks trick, very professional

I can put up a few pics and details of the process. it's not too expensive material wise just time consuming

I dunno if there was enough interest maybe i could make a few

I'd happily shell out a few bucks for one.

Same, after fitting the rear strut brace my sub doesnt fit where i used to have it, and doesnt really work anywhere else without taking up heaps of room. This looks like a perfect solution

Yeah, I'd be keen on cost of having one made or instructions too - the main reason (apart from laziness) that I haven't had a sub installed yet is because I can't figure out a solution that will work and have very minimal impact on the boot space available.

Oh, are the tie-down points covered by the box? I use these fairly often.

Good work!

Yeah, I'd be keen on cost of having one made or instructions too - the main reason (apart from laziness) that I haven't had a sub installed yet is because I can't figure out a solution that will work and have very minimal impact on the boot space available.

Good work!

Sadly the tie downs are covered but for me that wasn't too much of a big deal

By the looks of the interest so far i might make a mold and do a GB on these

I'll try and work out a price over the next few days and go from there

once i get some time to make another box i'll make a how to guide

also as your a mod I've sent you a pm with a few questions re forum rules on GB's

Good work!

Ditto on the instructions...... gives me something to do while I'm on the mend thats not too stressful on the body.

Sadly the tie downs are covered but for me that wasn't too much of a big deal

Just a thought re: the tie downs, I'm guessing the box could be reinforced & a strap inserted during the manufacturing process. (Guessing its fibreglass so maybe between layering the glass, the strap could be similar to ratchet strap material)

+1 for Group by, this is exactly what i was going for in mine. Silly question, but where are you running your amp?

The sub is a dls mw12 it's 15cm deep so most subs would fit this box

and i"ll post a pic of where the amp is later today