SAU Community

Roil Results

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bout the same pricing and buying from a local source, WTF would you want to order it from overseas?

Anyway, just thought I'd add that I did a massive big drive, one that I do regularly and thought I would test out fuel economy and did notice I used 2.3 litres less over 120 kms, which is not much but it was a difference, mostly highway speeds, not much heavy accelerating though, but still a difference is a difference.

Hope you're sitting down....

$50.10 for a bottle that ussually treats a whole car (engine, gearbox, power steering), for at least 2 or 3 oil changes aint bad. I've seen many complete rebuilds avoided thanks to what the owners beleive to be Roil protecting in the extremes... none less than the 5500hp Australian Drag Champ... but we've been there already.

People spend hundreds and thousand of dollars trying to tune drivable boost and better response lower in the rpm range, yet as both Steve and Ska will testify they've both have significant gains from a bottle of metal conditioner worth only 50 bucks...

Ska has also just mentioned that because his engine runs more effeciently he's now believes he's saving fuel... From my own tests (1994 Daihatsu Charade CX, 2003 Subaru Forester X, 1999 Subaru WRX) i averaged break even at only

4200kms, and this on fuel savings alone, not factoring in extended oil changes and reliability.

The only reason Roil comes in such large quantities (and big $$$) is because so many fleet, trucking, and transportation companies now use Roil as part of their regular service. It would be awkard and expensive using 480mL to treat entire truck fleets, as most also use it in their hubs aswell and gearbox, engine, etc.

Cheers guys...

I can vouch for the fleet comment as I just went and had a look and there is over 100 liters of roil gold around in 20 L drums.

P.S. we still have a few bottles of the fc glide we were given to try. Are you reccomending we turf it? Also got a few litres of the auto tranny stuff.

there is also 2 drums of " lower engine additive " or something like that as well. Are you saying that the roil " gold " now replaces all the previous individual products as a one product for all?

In relation to the performance of the product its hard to say if it made any improvements as it was used from basically all the trucks beginning of life.

What I can say is we have 11 trucks, a few over 200,000ks and I swear not one has suffered from a mechanical breakdown. One truck has a very bad crunch in second gear but is supposedly a common fault with that particular model as they have an update replacement for it.

But I will not say it is because of the roil treatment as all the trucks are ISUZU which have an impeccable and unmatched reliability record and have sales figures well beyond there nearest competitor.

All is said was that the gearbox one (fc and auto tranny) are 'average' when compared to Roil Gold, so don't expect the same results. Yep Roil gold replaces all three of the previous ones, (FC, Auto Tranny and Lower engine). As for the Lower Engine that was basically the foundation on what Roil Gold was made on, and as such has the same brilliant results. The falex graph i put up earlier in the thread is a actually two seperate tests done at QUT at different times, one in the days of Roil lower engine treatment, and then since Roil Gold came on the market.

The one that has 'Mobil 1 + Roil @12:1' is actually the old lower engine treatment, and the other one 'Mobil 1 + Roil Gold @14:1' is obviously Roil Gold, both which exceeded the machine's capability, so who knows how much better one may be then the other. All i'm saying is definately don't turf the old Lower Engine, its still golden.

That's right.... and then your gearbox is ussually around 4L as well, so that's about 100mL, and then the other 60mL or so is for the power steering... its tight, but ussually u'll do them all.

I think the bit your missing is that it doesn't need to be added after every oil change as its not lost in the process, after 750-1000km its no longer in the oil as its hydrochemically bonded to the metal. Although its not necessary most people do top-ups, of about 50-100mls, after a change. Sorry for any confusion.

Half the companies on your little chart have been sued by the US FTC (FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION) for making ridiculous statements of their products after having proved they do nothing benificial overall, they are all mainly using PTFEs to enhance engine friction as well which we all know SHOULDNT be used in engines due to its instability at high temps. (Forms iinto a plastic and releases corrosive gasses)

Oil companies them selves (as well as all vehicle manafacturers) urge people not to use additives, what does Mobil have to gain by having an engine component fail? Nothing. Also explain to me why the engineers at Mobil that design the ONE OF THE worlds best engine lubricants have got it wrong? And also why they would engineer an oil to increase component failure rates in engines?

Please also compare the engineering knowledge of a massive organisations (Mobil, Shell) lubricant development teams compared to that of a company that normally makes hand care and beauty products and decides now their natural business evolution is into engine lubricants???? HUH?!?!

Everything comes at a cost, if there was some brilliant metal conditioning and friction reducing property that could be applied with no negative effects I believe oil companies would include it in their oils.

To all the people who have been testing this stuff, lets hope I'm wrong and this additive can do magical stuff with no negative aspects. Logic is not on your side.

Also explain to me why the engineers at Mobil that design the worlds best engine lubricants have got it wrong? And also why they would engineer an oil to increase component failure rates in engines?  

what gives you the idea that the best engine lubricants come from Mobil? I would have thought Motul is far, far superior to Mobil, then there is Omega (not available in Aust).

If Mobil is sooo good, why dont all independant motorsport drivers (those not being sponsored by an oil company) use them, esp wben they are generally alot cheaper than other 'inferior' brands

Mobil has nothing to gain by causing engine failures, and when did i ever claim something so f**king ridiculous. And obviously by the graph Mobil engineers didn't get it wrong... it clearly shows that Mobil makes the best engine oil of those tested, including the rather disapointing magnatec.

Oil companies aren't going to include an additive that extends oil life now are they??? People expect to change their oil regularly anyway, so engineering it into oil would mean nothing but huge loses for those companies involved.

But since your right it seems that myself, Australia's Land Speed Record Holder, Australia's 2000 National Drag Champion, Various German Carrera Cups Racers, The Holden Performance Driving Centre, The WRX Experience, Brett Peter's Bathurst 24hr Class winning WRX, Australian V8 Supercars, Couriers Please, and too many more to mention must of got it wrong... as well as our biggest endorser, a little known car manufactuer that you may just have heard of... JAGUAR!

Sorry for the sarcasm budy but that's just how it is.

Half the companies on your little chart have been sued by the US FTC (FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION) for making ridiculous statements of their products after having proved they do nothing benificial overall, they are all mainly using PTFEs to enhance engine friction as well which we all know SHOULDNT be used in engines due to its instability at high temps. (Forms iinto a plastic and releases corrosive gasses)

Can you post a link with some sort of proof?

Also Neways hasn't just evolved into making Roil, they've had it from the beginning. The founder of Neways, Tom Mower, was the cheif chemist behind Bi-Tron, which was a good product, but not great. They work on similar principles but once he had the extra research and developement funds and the ability to control his own company, Roil was always going to be a far superiour product. I can understand the dificulty in understanding how a personal car products company has the kind of results they do with engine conditioners, but the results I've seen myself, those who have personally endorsed it, and the high profile companies and motorsport groups that are using it at the top level was proof enough for my to get involved.

For what it may be worth Tom Mower was also the first american to receive a Russian Knighthood for the safety and effectiveness of Neways non-toxic health care products... You've only got to ask anyone who's acutally tried Roil to know that it stands up to all it claims.

This debate can be related similarily to that of petrol powered cars.

If this stuff does really do what they say it does, oil companies WOULD NOT put it in their oil mainly due to the fact that they would loose millions and millions of dollars in lost oil sales due to their oil lasting longer.

This is the same with car manufactures and petrol companies not pushing new hydrogen celled cars due to a huge loss in petrol sales aswell.

Make sense?