SAU Community

Why Did My Engine Break...why?

fark ... mate if i have any parts u need u can have em free of charge. any way i can help out i will. i have a1 cond rb26 pistons, rods, bearings head and main bolts. heaps of other sht aswell just ask :(

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch man looks nasty. Id pull number 5 out and look at getting another piston. That is depending on bore condition of course. Looking at that engine for 500kms it seems to have a lot of carbon build up? Dunno could be the pictures though.

Ouch man looks nasty. Id pull number 5 out and look at getting another piston. That is depending on bore condition of course. Looking at that engine for 500kms it seems to have a lot of carbon build up? Dunno could be the pictures though.

Yes my thinking too re carbon buildup

fark ... mate if i have any parts u need u can have em free of charge. any way i can help out i will. i have a1 cond rb26 pistons, rods, bearings head and main bolts. heaps of other sht aswell just ask :(

Thanks heaps mate for the offer, I'm just trying think about what I wanna do with this, just got myself a nice daily, so atleast I can get too work now,

The head itself looks pretty mangled in the combustion chamber, so will need to get some local opinion before I consider moving forward again

Depends which way it skips mate. But more then likely it would skip a tooth following the direction of rotation (clockwise from the front) which would mean retardation of which ever cam skipped. On your engine obviously this is intake. Yeah i would be concerened if that carbon is more then a couple though. See if it rubs of with your finger.

The head itself looks pretty mangled in the combustion chamber, so will need to get some local opinion before I consider moving forward again

if your after some free advice without any obligations drop into harriss engines in ossie park, old guy there is very helpful and loves a chat.

Well I got the sump and ati, just need a stocker motor,

Gerg: got the valves off a forum member on here, brand new but only got valves they was cheaper then Nissan replacements, doesn't look like any det,

Dori: just weighing up what to do, def no plans for this until the new year tho,

Edited by ahh 33 s2

Well I got the sump and ati, just need a stocker motor

butters/zeroyon who is on here and antilag runs that exact set up on his drag S13 (which runs 9's) and around 550rwhp for a few years which is more than needed for a RWD

Considering the cost it's not a bad option :)

Edited by SimonR32

Thanks heaps mate for the offer, I'm just trying think about what I wanna do with this, just got myself a nice daily, so atleast I can get too work now,

Good to hear. I was going to say relying/using this car as a daily seems a bit much. Get a nice cheap daily and take all the pressure off having it driveable all the time.

I feel ya pain though, hopefully its an easy road back to running again.

Its been said, and I will say it again.

Stock motor and whack on your uprated peripherals.

Go hard. Get some joy out of it. Dont worry if you pop the stocky.

• 2 weeks later...

Well no real updates but after a call from Paul from red R racing, for all u haters he not that hard to get a hold of, just wait for him to call you, haha, but told me to check the cam caps to make sure that they were installed in the right way, because if they put on the wrong way they will wear on the cam and cause it to bind up, and make the belt jump, unfortunately that was too no avail, but a big thanks to Paul for making the effort to contact me and trying to shed some extra light on the matter.

Which still means unfortunately that apart from some massive timing issue I don't really now what caused the timing issue or the belt to jump,