SAU Community

Thread For My Car Problems.

lilcrash

The wastegate does stick at a certain spot, but stao assumes me that that it won't open to the point where it jams when the actuator isn't connected.

It's holding boost very very well, it only dips in the last few hundred rpm like they all do, I'm just super annoyed that it wouldnt do it on the dyno. So now I've got a rock solid 14psi map and a turbo that makes 18-21psi depending on temperature. I'm guessing this is the same problem I had when the engine blew up. Got a tune done, turbo decided to work for a day and without a knock map it shat itself.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boost level is not greatly affected by surrounding temp as it is pressure regulated. A increase in boost normally respond to changes in back pressure, means the turbo some how breath more freely. Or maybe a vacuum hose split?

I have offered exchange for upgrade or alteration now and before, during and after the engine rebuild, I don't know the reason of been so reluctant to do so. If there is a genuine believe of a part not functioning correctly then the usual act would be contact your supplier and get it sorted. I can give you a g2.5 for exchange taken out from my own car which has been tested. Check out results at dyno section and see if that is what you are after.

the problem is that i cant have the car off the road for the length of time required to pull the turbo off and send it down then wait for the arrival of the new turbo, my baby is due soon and i need my car. i messaged you about me paying a deposit so you could send me the new turbo first so i could just do a quick change over but never got a response. and what if i send my turbo down and then the new turbo has all the same problems, what am i supposed to do then? either way i lose out.

My bad I didn't saw your reply. I've replied to your email and that arrangement is fine.

If the same problem persists with a new turbo which has already been tested then the issue is not turbo related, or at least you know its not turbo related. And it will be very little that I can help you with in terms of a car issue.

You can take your car to DVS or Toshi after installation whom has a fair understanding of the RB25det engines.

Ok so I've installed my boost control (read exhaust restrictor) and have got it back down to a steady 15psi. My question is. What is wrong with my tune? It's now surging rather badly.

And don't say it's because of my exhaust because it's not. My assumption is that it's over fueling and fouling the plugs, does that sound about right?

Edited by lilcrash

It's not actually a boost control. Just fixed my exhaust. I usually run a pair of twin 3 inch pipes from just after the wheel. I re installed the hks hi power and it has created enough restriction to drop the boost.

The boost is very stable, it just surges, it's doing what I thought was the knock maps were with the other exhaust, that's why I'm wondering if my plugs are just fouling.

Plugs look good, gapped at .8.

It's not actually a boost control. Just fixed my exhaust. I usually run a pair of twin 3 inch pipes from just after the wheel. I re installed the hks hi power and it has created enough restriction to drop the boost.

The boost is very stable, it just surges, it's doing what I thought was the knock maps were with the other exhaust, that's why I'm wondering if my plugs are just fouling.

Plugs look good, gapped at .8.

What has surge got to do with fouled plugs? Fouled plugs will make it misfire, which is inherently different from surging. It was tuned for 14psi yes? To me it sounds like your tuner has set up the TP cut just above what it was tuned for, but I'm really just speculating given your description.

I made them myself, so make an offer, I think they cost me about $30. They only replace the hks rear section.

Well I do have some issues that I think are wheel related so I might look into that, I need to find some steel rims that will fit.

Edited by lilcrash

lol if the problem you've had was from exhaust restriction then why not take your car back to the tuner and get it patched up with the twin pipes you've made. it should be able to pick up another 20kws with extra 4 psi of boost.

the original tune was with them. there is something else wrong, its starting to stall when i take off, blowing excessive smoke and using a lot more fuel. i should have known it wouldn't just work like a normal car. when nissan make a dodgy car they do it well. the whole time ive had the stagea its never not had something wrong.

the original tune was with them. there is something else wrong, its starting to stall when i take off, blowing excessive smoke and using a lot more fuel. i should have known it wouldn't just work like a normal car. when nissan make a dodgy car they do it well. the whole time ive had the stagea its never not had something wrong.

Don't blame Nissan. Blame yourself for modifying it.

the car is a 99? it's had 13 years of whatever people wanna do to it, not nissans fault! as the certifier/engineers that did my car said most the nissans are on about their 4th bastardiser!, if you have a later nissan with a cvt and a stretched timing chain etc you can probably comnplain a bit!haha

I'll be up your way soon if you want to meet up and compare stuff

i've only got 1 tiny issue with mine so it would be good to compare to (reasonably stock)

are you running stock brakes still? because option1garage do 17 inch steel wheels, they won't clear 4 pots but should clear stock brakes

http://www.boostcruising.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=789275

that only lists 16's and im pretty sure they were only $100ish/rim on the pre-buy

maybe check out JPP (http://www.japaneseperformance.com.au/) and see what they can do too