SAU Community

Larger Tb - Any Potential Issues?

megzz

Hi Guys,

I want to modify my intake manifold to be a front facing TB and while i'm at it i want to use a larger TB(one with a throttle position senor) but I have been told that the powerFC will not support the larger TB modification. I just want to confirm this off some other people, has anyone successfully upgraded there throttle body while using a PowerFC?

Edited by megzz

the throttle body is not the issue, its the cutting and shutting of the manifold which will destroy the flow of the intake manifold and cause you engine problems later on.

get a decent intake manifold, even the china greedy copy is better then a cut and shut job

Had one on my 3L. Was awesome. Just don't buy the eBay ones, they leak and the finish is really shit.

You can get them for about $350 from an Autobarn store, and they come with all bolts, hose fittings etc. even have a little section where you can put your greddy sticker, so you can tell the poor kid that you sell your car to that it has a blow off valve, and greddy intake manifold.

The larger TBs bolt straight on too. The standard one needs an $80 adapter.

greddy plenum with q45 TB. bolts up and use std tps :thumbsup:

I thought only that only applied to RB20 and series 1 RB25 :blink:

I'm running a Q45 t/b on a custom plenum and the RB20 TPS bolted straight up.

The only possible con with the Q45 t/b is it can be a bit touchy at low speed but you get used to it :thumbsup:

Had one on my 3L. Was awesome. Just don't buy the eBay ones, they leak and the finish is really shit.

You can get them for about $350 from an Autobarn store, and they come with all bolts, hose fittings etc. even have a little section where you can put your greddy sticker, so you can tell the poor kid that you sell your car to that it has a blow off valve, and greddy intake manifold.

The larger TBs bolt straight on too. The standard one needs an $80 adapter.

you can get an RB25 intake manifold form autobahn for $350? I better check these out. W

hat car is a Q45 throttle body off?

you can get an RB25 intake manifold form autobahn for $350? I better check these out. W

hat car is a Q45 throttle body off?

Sure can - Mine was a polished finish too. Looked great, But I painted it black, because cops are like a few types of birds - They're attracted to shiny things.

Also, your answer to the Q45 question:

(Straight off wikipedia)

The Infiniti Q45 was a full-size luxury car sold by Nissan's Infiniti marque from 1990 until 2006. It is a rear wheel drive, four door sedan powered by a V8 engine. Early generations were based on the automaker's Japanese-market flagship sedan, the Nissan President, while models produced after 1997 were based on the slightly smaller Nissan Cima. Exports of the Q45 ceased after 2006, but the Cima continued to be sold domestically until August 2010, when production of both the Cima and President ended. The Q45 competed directly with the Lexus LS, as well as the higher-priced BMW 7 Series, and Mercedes-Benz S-Class.

Sure can - Mine was a polished finish too. Looked great, But I painted it black, because cops are like a few types of birds - They're attracted to shiny things.

I went to Autobarn at Auburn and they did not stock or sell these. Which Autobahn did u buy from? Was there any branding on the box it came it?

Straight off wikipedia

Funny that. Who would have thought to use any search engine like google or even a huge site like wikipedia to search for stuff when you can just come to SAU and ask questions in the forced induction thread.

While I'm here... Why does my cat keep waking me up at 2:45am every morning?

Funny that. Who would have thought to use any search engine like google or even a huge site like wikipedia to search for stuff when you can just come to SAU and ask questions in the forced induction thread.

While I'm here... Why does my cat keep waking me up at 2:45am every morning?

I did google Q45 and the results I got were Infiniti Q45. I have never heard of the brand Infiniti as they do not come to Australia and I was assuming that Q45 was a code for a car or part from aussie delivered car of some sort. At the end of the day Q45 could be a part number for anything.

In short, if you have a problem with my question simply get the f**k out of my thread you wanker. We don't all know everything, if we did non of us would be here.