SAU Community

Living With A 35 Gtr - Affordable?

ricknismo

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bastards who can afford GT-R35s :P

TBH don't listen to the others about the cost of a 35, the depreciation is really not as much of an issue as they make out. You'll be spending tens of thou a year to keep a 32-34 up to the same standard.

Yeah exactly. If your not modding or tracking it then I cant see it being any more than simple servicing costs a year if theres no break downs. I do roughly around 6 or 7000 km a year, now with no trackdays or having to replace any parts then that will cost me around 7 or $800 a year in servicing as I do no work to my cars my self.

TBH don't listen to the others about the cost of a 35, the depreciation is really not as much of an issue as they make out. You'll be spending tens of thou a year to keep a 32-34 up to the same standard.

LOL What???????

Bastards who can afford GT-R35s :P

Depreciation is not really much of an issue?

perhaps you can tell me where the -$60k (that my car has depreciated in three year) has gone exactly?

depreciation is the biggest factor if you're concerned about true/total cost of ownership.

^ Spot on if worried about cost. Anything that's basically ADM delivered depreciates really fast. Just like holdens and fords

Have to admit though, to spend only 105-120k on a 09 35r is the best f**king bang for buck ever. Shits all over the cl63 amg (only good for noise) considering I'm seeing those cars absolutely everywhere and a tad cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello every1,

Im exploring the option of purchasing a R35.

Have been putting money aside regularly for the past year and was originally searching for an R34 GTR but if nothing of interest pops up in the mean time i might just hang out a bit longer (the depreciation on the R35 is insane) and wait for one of these.

As the original poster asked, I am also interested in the service / replacement parts cost of the R35. Does anyone have a break down of all the servicing they performed so far and how much it cost?

Also assuming most of the guys that do own one get it serviced at Nissan for warranty purposes? (Is the factory warranty 3 years?) And im assuming that the cost of servicing would be much less at other standard garages post warranty?

The deterrent for me at present may be servicing and parts - for example i've read on this forum about $25k quotes for 1 turbo replacement. Im also assuming, at present not a large number of generic mechanics would know how to work on R35's.

For example, if I went with the R34, I could do most of the work myself (I've owned 6 R34's so far and naturally, you get to know and love them) and repalcement parts wouldnt be a problem as they are quite cheap and easily sourcable (aftermarket or second hand). Those are the pro's but again obvious cons - they are moving on with age and its getting difficult to find a clean one.

Either car I get, will be a weekend toy and will not be tracked. So this should prevent wear and tear - unless there are design faults or poorly designed parts which nissan have used in their newer cars and are not yet uncovered in the R35. Example - my 350Z door actuators and window motors (same problem with my old V35), or another example that will definately not hit the R35 - the roof on my old 350z convertible which kept tearing around the rear window). In some cases, they dont make them like they used to. Not saying this is the case with the R35 though, could be a different story and besides, they are really sexy looking.

So yeah, alot of questions and assumptions. Thanx in advance 4 the info and clarification.

Edited by iwanta34gtr

^ good post as ive been hearing around the traps that u need about 10k p/yr to maintain an r35, that sounds rich to me!

in terms of depreciation - an r35 will still cost you double that of an r34, still hover over 110k

ROFL @ 10k per year

i haven't even spent half that in 1.5yrs and have been bringing forward all my scheduled servicing by about 5K kms (currently 20,000kms daily driven and no track work)

i dont stress over insurance, reg or depreciation as any car at this price bracket will cost about the same off the showroom floor

lct + gst + sd are lost as soon as you drive off the showroom floor as the dealer buys minus those charges with an lmct

the key is obviously minimising track work, as tyre and fluid costs would be the killer just like any tracked car really

as for breakdown;

first service was free, second service at 10k was around 1000, 20k service was around 1600 iirc......30k is over 2k, then the cycle repeats again

Edited by domino_z

now knowing the service cycle of an r35 (first service was free, 10k $1000, 20k $1600, 30k $2000), how does this compare to the m3 in terms cost - out of interest? ive been in war with a friend who likes his euro cars

tbh man i cant remember exact figures - but i know i wasn't happy with the costs vs no issue with the gtr

my m3 just like my gtr was modified, and oem parts were failing all the time, replacing oem top mounts every 6 months with my bilstein pss9 coilovers, sway end links about the same with my H&R sways, went through a couple mafs with my gruppe-m intake, etc on top of the servicing costs and i only street drive

now ive put the stock suspension and wheels back on - and conceeded euro cars dont like to be mod'd

Edited by domino_z