SAU Community

Eoi For Wakefield Early 2012

emts

With Nats at Wakefield park next year, I thought it might be a good idea to erode some of the home team advantage.

So with the fact it looks like we won't have a MS round in Feb next year at this point I thought I might try and find a day at Wakefield that has some spare slots and head up for a "sightseeing" trip..

As Wakefield have not listed their Calendar yet (and ours is not finalized yet) this might not even be possible but if people are interested I will start investigating it.

Cheers

M

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rechecked the location, some drive. So it's not really the timing for me so much as if I want to drive up there twice.

Aiming to plan a family visit to Sydney for the Nats.

I'll have a look at some high country routes over a day or two - if I can find something interesting without too much(any :dry: ) dirt road then maybe.

If anyone has experience, input always appreciated.

So after a few discussions we are aiming for the March 24th round of the SAU NSW at Wakefield.

will prob try for a EC run at some point next year as well, as a warm up for superlap.

So after a few discussions we are aiming for the March 24th round of the SAU NSW at Wakefield.

will prob try for a EC run at some point next year as well, as a warm up for superlap.

Woohoo...we can show you dirty mexicans how its done...except most of our cars are still in bits...or will be in bits by march lol

Having spent the past weekend at Wakefield, I'll give it another go (if there isn't a national round on the same time) the total drive time from my place (Yarra Valley) to Goulburn via the ring road and Hume was just over 6 and a half hours, and about 750k's all up. For most of the way there you sit on 110 kp/h.

I recommend the "Paragon Cafe" for food as well, good food and reasonable pricing.

I'd not be using a trailer to get to Goulburn, don't have cruise control so not looking forward to 7hr drive on the freeway - noise, fines due to speed creep etc.

Would anyone be interested in taking a longer scenic route to get there? My link could also look at different routes between king valley and Kiewa.

The only time I've driven round these roads is for the snow with family in the car.

It will be a long/tiring drive...but quite fun for a lot of it

all the way through the Nat park is very slow (tourists with campervans etc)

you can bypass Cooma and go the back way, but there are some un-paved roads etc

edit - here is the Short cut

http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?msa=0

when I get the new car I will take it for a drive down there (been meaning to go fishing anyway)

and let you know what the roads are like

Thanks for the offer, hope the car and fishing work out well but please don't go out of your way on my account.

If no one is interested in joining me, I'll just play it by ear, no planning required, set off early and :whistling:

I was brought up in the UK between the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and Pennines so I'm used to leap frogging tourists - while avoiding bikers screaming the other way, no mean feat when it was a guttless 1.3 astra.

BTW google link didn't work, but I'll be doing more research nearer the time.

haha no worries, if you look at bobeyan rd or shannons flat between adaminaby and canberra.

Realistically going the straight up the Monaro hwy is better, but if you want sight seeing etc

SO what format do SAUNSW run their days? eg how many groups and how big?

how many cars do you allow to enter?

do you do timing?

and most important what the food at the track like?

40 cars max

4 groups usually or 5 depending on how many noobs

Sessions either 13 or 10 mins depending on group numbers so one session per hour with 2-3 mins for cool down lap and time to get off the track

No lunch break

Timing yes usually but will be confirmed with price etc when the 2012 regs come out which I am expecting any time now

Food mmm, well I go into town to the Paragon Cafe. It's 8 mins from the track. There is food available there but it can be a bit touch and go depending on what you feel like. Paragon though is always a safe bet or even any of the other shops on the main road in town. You'll always get parking outside your shop of choice on the main street so don't stress about that, there's heaps better parking than in Shep not that it's bad there. So if you want something from in town after your session drive straight to town (one road, 80 zone good for cool down anyway) get food then come back and you'll have a small break left before the next of your sessions