SAU Community

Dr30 Build

i had a moment when drifting last weekend, handbrake got jammed up when doing the new link section at the creek, scared the shit out me! so im going hydro so itl never happen again.

1zz2law.jpg

this is what i got. hopefully have it all mounted by the weekend

• 2 weeks later...

havent had a chance to fit the hydro up yet, diff needed to be re done again...

2efjevs.jpg

thought while its out may as well go solid diff mount and raise the diff to hopefully put less stress on the cvs.

Brae worked his magic again and made up these set for me, stoked will how good they turned out!

f4o6fp.jpg

I was trying to get a before and after shot but forgot. still kind of gives you and idea

w0os4k.jpg

Edited by ydr030

• 2 weeks later...

not much of a update but im chasing a noise in the rear end, i think its the diff again, but i need to rule a few things out before i can go back to the diff shop with a solid arguement. really pissed off about the whole thing.

anyway enough winging, im doing all bearings and thought if im going to go that far i may aswell do the brakes.

so typical DR30 u cannot get parts, ive ended up using a z31 disc with 5mm caliper spacers. and s15 pads.

25pofgk.jpg

funny thing is always bugs me these are 290mm dia. fronts are 280mm lol

will be upgrading fronts in the future

yea cheers man, i no the mount will make it louder this noise isnt good. i basically got the diff done drove it up the road and came home and parked it. ive drained the diff oil and its all shiny ( if that makes sense) so thats why i think the diff shop stuffed up with the bearings. gotta go throu all the bs before i can do anything about it. like i said im pissed off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^ haha yea was pretty f*ked ! Diff shop came to the party and hooked me up with free labour. All the 4.11 s I could find were to expensive so have gone to z31 with 3.7 s. Haven't done any real drifting but lower ratio seems to be the goods. Hanging to do skids

4glyxf.jpg

finally fitted up hydro! still needs some fine tuning but so far so good, thing is so good! hanging to propally try it out

15fhezl.jpg

also moved oil cooler down to right hand front of the bar, its only temporary now until i make up a proper bash bar

• 2 weeks later...

went out to the skid pan last saturday, just to try everything out, hydro is amazing! diff ratio seems o.k, just hanging for dry skids to propally see how she goes

2qsts11.jpg

wt63jp.jpg

hit a witches hat, munted the bar :(

241t9uu.jpg

took the oppertunity to fix up the rest of the bar, first time that ive done any fibreglassing, turned out ok

did abit of hard parking at the allstars thing on the weekend

r05y5k.jpg

also found some old photos, ive scanned them in so qualitys not the best, man i miss the fj, even thought it was a mess....

r9hje1.jpg

^rb20,

getting towed to tuners, for its first tune with rb20. made 220 hp lol

xndona.jpg

Edited by ydr030

• 3 weeks later...