SAU Community

Deatschwerks Dw300 Fuel Pump

Checkbuzz

Hi Guys

I'm looking at the Deatschwerks DW300 pump for my 275rwkw RB25 anyone got any experience, comments or other options to consider?

I currently have a Walbro that is only a couple of years old (low kms) and failing me badly (reaching it's limits @450HP?) :down:

NISMO pumps flow 276lph @ 43psi and I haven't seen a pump yet that doesn't drop off at higher pressures so I'm not convinced they will be any better then the DW300 (they are also 3 times the price!)

The Bosch 040 is weak as piss... the other option is to put a 044 in-tank but the Deatschwerks looks like an easier fit and will meet my power requirements without going OTT

Would love to hear your learned comments and feedback :thanks:

I put the Deatschwerks in mine. It is much quieter than the Bosch 044 & with the fuel relay upgrade in the DIY forum, that solved all my fueling issues. Also put in a Nismo adjustable fuel reg as advise from my tuner. Car is making 328rwkw on 20psi.

How does the Deatschwerks compare in size with the 044? My Bosch works fine but the surge tank is in the back of my Stagea and even with a well insulated steel box over it its still quite noisy. Wonder if the Deatschwerks would fit in the same space (o/a length is the most important).

DW301 is the exact same dimensions as the Walbro but it is an in-tank pump unlike the 044

How does the Deatschwerks compare in size with the 044? My Bosch works fine but the surge tank is in the back of my Stagea and even with a well insulated steel box over it its still quite noisy. Wonder if the Deatschwerks would fit in the same space (o/a length is the most important).

Yes people are doing that... you should also install a one-way valve apparently and a it's bit of mucking around to fit the pump & sock

The 044 pump is designed to lie flat (that's why you need the one-way valve for an in-tank install) and I have heard of people (on forums) having reliability issues with the pump when it is installed in an upright position.

Call me old fashioned but when it comes to the fuel system I'd rather not take chances using devices for purposes they weren't designed for... again...

OK I f^cked up with the Walbro :D

The 044 would work well in-line with the Walbro feeding it but I am off the Walbro big time after this experience and relying on 2 pumps when you can get away with one seems stupid unless your utilising a surge tank

The 044 can be run in tank if you put the sock over the end.

I would be looking elsewhere if your running out of fuel at 275rwkw. Walbros can flow a lot more than is needed for that kind of power :whistling:

For example at 13.5V and 70psi they flow around 220L/hr which is enough to feed your 550cc injectors plus a little bit more :)

Agreed it should be OK according to those figures and there seems to be plenty of people running higher power levels than me with these pumps

However I'm not the only one that has had problems with the walbro at these power levels

Have a look at my other thread here to see the symptoms I'm having and other peoples comments

It certainly looks like it could be the pump at this stage... I was very careful but maybe I got a dodgy one? (if it is fake it is a bloody good fake!)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/385690-r33-fuelingknock-issues/

I would be looking elsewhere if your running out of fuel at 275rwkw. Walbros can flow a lot more than is needed for that kind of power :whistling:

For example at 13.5V and 70psi they flow around 220L/hr which is enough to feed your 550cc injectors plus a little bit more :)