SAU Community

How Much Redline Water Wetter Do You Use?

boostn0199

About to replace my coolant with just redline water wetter and distilled water and wondering how much you guys that are running it use? Do you just chuck in a whole bottle for the system or do you go by the 1:32 mixing ratio that they say to use?

Yes it does thats one of the key factors of it or else I wouldnt have considered it.,

"An absolute must for reducing the strain of running vehicle air-comditioning on hot days. Suitable for both petrol or diesel vehicles and trucks. Especially recommended for race engines! It also provides year round protection to reduce rust, corrosion and electolysis—passing the most severe Simulated Service Corrosion test developed for automotive coolants determined by the ASTM committee. It also reduces cavitation and air pockets; cleans and lubricates water pump seals; prevents foaming; complexes with hard water to reduce scale. "

1 bottle is exactly the right amount for 1 radiator by my lazy calculations

why are you looking to use it? Are you have temp problems or just trying to guard against it

Yeah i was getting temps of about 104 after 7 hot laps drifting on a about 30degree day so chucking in a koyo radiator now and have heard that this stuff helps aswell so want to give it a go. When I did my calculations 1 full bottle would be for about 11.3L when using 1:32 how much is the cooling system capacity on the RB's?

Edited by boostn0199

sorry no idea but I have always just used a full bottle per radiator, together with distilled water. It took 5+o out the temps for me.

But I wouldn't be too worried about 105 on a hot day. Oil temp is much more important, I have regularly run the car with water temps over 120 without issues.

sorry no idea but I have always just used a full bottle per radiator, together with distilled water. It took 5+o out the temps for me.

But I wouldn't be too worried about 105 on a hot day. Oil temp is much more important, I have regularly run the car with water temps over 120 without issues.

Yeah my oil temps were no problem at all was sitting at 90 mostly and got to 100 max.

Yeah that will be my next day, should be hot weather since end of feb so will be interesting to see how the koyo goes.

Just as a point of interest. And Koyo radiator aside for a moment, you'll likely find that the 'cooler temp' going to Water Wetter is due moreso to the fact that you are using only distilled water, since plain water is better at getting rid of heat that typical glycol coolant.

One thing that 'can' throw you though, is if you add Redline Water Wetter to a Water only setup, you may see the temp actually increase slightly. This is actually the Water Wetter doing its job. It is becoming more effective at 'wetting' at the very hots parts in the cyclinder head, rather than boiling and losing contact with those surfaces. So it actually draws more heat out from those places and hence you may notice a 'increase' in temp at the actual temp sensor. But this is ok, it then goes on to the radiator to be cooled again obviously.

Point is, don't rule out Water Wetter being a good thing even if the temp stays the same or goes up a little.

Just as a point of interest. And Koyo radiator aside for a moment, you'll likely find that the 'cooler temp' going to Water Wetter is due moreso to the fact that you are using only distilled water, since plain water is better at getting rid of heat that typical glycol coolant.

One thing that 'can' throw you though, is if you add Redline Water Wetter to a Water only setup, you may see the temp actually increase slightly. This is actually the Water Wetter doing its job. It is becoming more effective at 'wetting' at the very hots parts in the cyclinder head, rather than boiling and losing contact with those surfaces. So it actually draws more heat out from those places and hence you may notice a 'increase' in temp at the actual temp sensor. But this is ok, it then goes on to the radiator to be cooled again obviously.

Point is, don't rule out Water Wetter being a good thing even if the temp stays the same or goes up a little.

Hrmm thats an interesting point there.

Unless you live in frozen temperatures using coolant in a mod skyline motor is not a good idea.

The ideal way or at least how I do it is as fallow.

I use 50/50 coolant and water mix to lube(prelube)

Then I flush the system which the info on how to is anywhere in the net.

Flush until no presence of coolant is present in the motor.

I use 1 bottle of water wetter and top it of with destilated water.

Usually found in the super market for 1 dollar a galon.

Basicly non chlorine water.

I have a bleeder system so I let my car do it for it self.

But you will possibly want to get a radiator bleeder kit from a auto parts store and bleed the system.

Your done

Coolant is so destructive in a high operating temp motor it's not even funny.

Last time I checked coolant has a much less boiling point then water.

Pure ethylene glycol (100% antifreeze, 0% water) has a boiling point of 197 degrees C, water boils at 100 degrees C. If you want to know percentages inbetween check the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylene_glycol#Antifreeze "Ethylene glycol boiling point vs. concentration in water"

For every PSI of pressure the rad cap adds to the cooling system, ups the boiling point by approx. 3 degrees C.

i have been using the water wetter in my drift car for a wile now but i use a diferent approach... half a bottle of water wetter mixed with half a bottle of techaloy coolant then toped up with distilled water. dont use other coolants techaloy works but if you use nissan for example the redline stuff reacts with it and makes milk....

has been working for me for years

Last time I checked coolant has a much less boiling point then water.

last time you checked you were wrong :thumbsup:

your average coolant has a higher boiling point than straight water but it doesnt transfer heat as well as straight water does, hence why straight water will generally yield slightly lower temps, but you have a lower boiling point and will corrode the shit out of everything.