SAU Community

Yellow Sticker? Take Your Car Here

projectx

ANG Automotives

1/10 Malland St Myaree

93173025 (bookings required)

This is a private workshop. The guy who runs it (Angelo) is easy going and takes a common sense approach to things. Unlike the robots at the licencing centres.

Good luck!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll actually find there are a few mechanics who can do this:

http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/21360.asp

I personally used Pebco to examine my R34 GTR, they were decent blokes and happy to help with instructions on how to fix any issues.

As well as allowed me to drive away, fix said issues and come back with no extra cost (on the same day).

Great for minor issues that would normally call for a full re-inspection at the pits.

Edited by j3rk

I got a sticker on my car last night, Will give these guys a try.

whats the sticker for?

I took my v36 there to get WA rego. The compliance shop didnt change over my HID globes before that. I told him straight out, but my car still passed.. Good bloke!

Moral of the story, as long as you dont go in with something obviously illegal or unsafe, you probably have a far better chance with these guys.

Also, in the event that it doesnt pass, they are a mechanics, so they can probably help you change/ fix things in order to pass. Saves you running from the licencing centre to the mechanics all day long wasting your time.

This new system should have been set up years ago. I think the original idea was to ease the back log at licencing centres from all the hail damaged cars coming through.

Edited by projectx

ANG Automotives

1/10 Malland St Myaree

93173025 (bookings required)

This is a private workshop. The guy who runs it (Angelo) is easy going and takes a common sense approach to things. Unlike the robots at the licencing centres.

Good luck!

I have just moved to WA from NSW and need to get the rego transferred and will need to go through the inspection process because the car has a fair few mods, however nearly all of the modified areas of my car are only just out of specs according VSB's and regulations.

So how do they go with suspension heights and wheels diameters etc. that are only millimeters off what they should be legally?

Are most places anal about these things?

I have just moved to WA from NSW and need to get the rego transferred and will need to go through the inspection process because the car has a fair few mods, however nearly all of the modified areas of my car are only just out of specs according VSB's and regulations.

So how do they go with suspension heights and wheels diameters etc. that are only millimeters off what they should be legally?

Are most places anal about these things?

Licencing centres are anal about these things, if you catch them on a good day you might get lucky. Catch them on a bad day, and forget it. They will write a list of crap as long as your arm. Once that stuff has been recorded, it will follow you around no matter which place you try and reattempt it. After that, they cant just turn a blind eye anymore if you know what i mean cause its on paper.

whats the sticker for?

I took my v36 there to get WA rego. The compliance shop didnt change over my HID globes before that. I told him straight out, but my car still passed.. Good bloke!

Moral of the story, as long as you dont go in with something obviously illegal or unsafe, you probably have a far better chance with these guys.

Also, in the event that it doesnt pass, they are a mechanics, so they can probably help you change/ fix things in order to pass. Saves you running from the licencing centre to the mechanics all day long wasting your time.

This new system should have been set up years ago. I think the original idea was to ease the back log at licencing centres from all the hail damaged cars coming through.

Got the sticker for a shit load of things.

Atmo bov

No emission control

Screamer pipe

Pod

Tint

Wheels sitting a inch outside the guards

tint

There more but i cant remember it off top of my head. Meh.

Got the sticker for a shit load of things.

Atmo bov

No emission control

Screamer pipe

Pod

Tint

Wheels sitting a inch outside the guards

tint

There more but i cant remember it off top of my head. Meh.

I went there and got raped. Defenately would not recogmend going there. Better off at the pits.

I got picked on every little thing and he wanted permits for everything..

DO NOT GO HERE

Well if you went with the above list, I'm hardly surprised...

There is no advantage in going to those approved mechanics if anything the pits might be better due to rushing. I had my sticker off at pebcos after second attempt. They failed me for my head lights being to dirty and the tint. The time before I went to pits and passed with ease they never even said anything about the tint. Pebcos spent over an hour on the car. The approved mechanics go over it more than pits.

The only advantage is the experience. The Pits suck for that.