SAU Community

Rb26 Oil Control On Circuits

djr81

Ok so the above was a fail, still getting plenty of oil in the catch can (about 100ml per lap) so back to the drawing board.

Luckily (unluckily but I'm being optimistic) I went to the track the other night in the wet and the excess front wheelspin has lunched the front diff so the motor is coming out. I have a Greddy extended sump so I'm now planning on getting 2 x dash 10 fittings welded to the passenger (intake) side at the front above the oil line. Going to remove that other line to the rear turbo oil drain and just blank it off again at the same time at it didn't seem to help.

I plan on one of the dash 10 lines going to the top of the catch can next to the cover breathers as a sump breather. The other will get plumbed to the bottom of the catch can with a one way valve (no spring) to act as a drain for any oil to drain if and when it does reach the catch can...

Am I on the right track here? Works in my head

SimonR32, on 16 Sept 2013 - 13:31, said:

Ok so the above was a fail, still getting plenty of oil in the catch can (about 100ml per lap) so back to the drawing board.

Luckily (unluckily but I'm being optimistic) I went to the track the other night in the wet and the excess front wheelspin has lunched the front diff so the motor is coming out. I have a Greddy extended sump so I'm now planning on getting 2 x dash 10 fittings welded to the passenger (intake) side at the front above the oil line. Going to remove that other line to the rear turbo oil drain and just blank it off again at the same time at it didn't seem to help.

I plan on one of the dash 10 lines going to the top of the catch can next to the cover breathers as a sump breather. The other will get plumbed to the bottom of the catch can with a one way valve (no spring) to act as a drain for any oil to drain if and when it does reach the catch can...

Am I on the right track here? Works in my head

Yes. If you read the last few pages of the big thread http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/110680-oil-control-in-rbs-for-circuit-drag-or-drift/?hl=sk%20oil%20control

you will see that worked for me. You can also run the cam cover breathers to the same catch can and then instead of venting the catch can to atmosphere run a line to the turbo intake - preferably via an air/oil separator (or in my case just a second catch can). Do you have an oil restrictor in place?

Yes. If you read the last few pages of the big thread http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/110680-oil-control-in-rbs-for-circuit-drag-or-drift/?hl=sk%20oil%20control

you will see that worked for me. You can also run the cam cover breathers to the same catch can and then instead of venting the catch can to atmosphere run a line to the turbo intake - preferably via an air/oil separator (or in my case just a second catch can). Do you have an oil restrictor in place?

Just read your plan, almost exactly the same plan but you didn't mention if you put a one way valve in the catch can drain?