SAU Community

Texi Wrap Up Thread

N1GTR

+ 1, i loved seeing that sprinter making it look like a D1 day! hoping someone got some decent video of it from the 'stands'?

lol at all the folks from ACT, can some of you bring some fireworks with you next time and make it really interesting? shooting bungers and sparklers from your passenger side window while going sideways for the win..

:thumbsup:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Luke GTR. the colour of your car is fkn STUPID hot. Did you pick it?

Thanks.

And yeah, I picked it.

Before it was painted, most people were sceptical about it.

I knew it would suit it.

Showed them.

Hahaha.

Well, it was an amazing day out there till the storm rolled in. Thanks to all the volunteers (and those that were volunteered) and especially to those that hung around to help pack up in the miserable conditions.

It's a shame that I'm so busy doing stuff at these now so don't have hardly any time to shoot video or photos. If folks are willing to donate their video I'm happy to edit it together.

Big thanks to Eric who stood for hours in the sun surrounded by flames from the BBQ without wearing a hat and produced many tasty sausage sandwiches. I didn't even get to take you for a spin Eric!

ianjb - some great shots there! Will we get access to the raw images at some point? (fingers crossed)

Big thanks to Eric who stood for hours in the sun surrounded by flames from the BBQ without wearing a hat and produced many tasty sausage sandwiches. I didn't even get to take you for a spin Eric!

Hang on hang on. Im sure i pointed eric out to security as the guy cooking the BBQ in a cowboy hat LMAO! But yah lunch was delish, hope you had a good feed at the steakhouse to. The rain thankfully wasnt to hecktic so didnt get to drenched packing up lol. And 10 points for Anna for lying face up on all the ice from the esky at the end of the day. Dont know why but whatever floats your boat :)

here are a few of mine, enjoy. Will try and load a few more today

was the one with the huge ass lens :D

401401_293216370732713_143793479008337_699064_1438493019_n.jpg

wow great photo man, thanks for that! loved how grippy the surface was, meant you could really put the foot in and have a bit of fun :)

nice pics links, lol was worried i wouldnt be able to save a few of them but thankfully its not like the evil 'flickr' which doesnt allow me to 'save as'..picasa for the win!

again awesome pics, uploading a few myself to the SAU facebook group now. 324 to be precise..anyone got a reeaally Sunday evening? go nuts..

http://www.facebook....01742446&type=1

heres some examples

425025_10150540694521537_511696536_9162100_972707377_n.jpg

Wow man so many killer shots in your album, can't believe so many people bothered taking photos of me - I expected to be a bit of an outcast in my beat up 180 but really did feel welcomed by everyone

Edited by best guy

Thanks to all the organisers, volunteers etc for another great day! In particular:

Steveo for his soothing baritone briefing us in the morning

Terry for instant feedback with times, reminder of the time I ran last run and encouragement when a good time was made (legend!)

Eric for sweating over the BBQ and providing tasty tasty sangers and onions for everyone

Photographers throughout the day for great pics of crossed up cars with smoke pissing out of the wheel arches!

Shame the weather came through, I had saved a little bit of tyre for an afternoon finale but it just left me hungry for next time! Some great pics of my car so I'm stoked to have some mementos I can share with others :thumbsup:

Hey guys/girls,

Would just like to say thanks for an absolutely awesome day out!! nothing quite like getting out and destroying some tyres in the interest of fun!!

great pics also!!!! sooo many of my car! haha

I will definitely be at the next one! (Will be sure to bring more tyres though):whistling:

Oh, and just quickly.... MOAR VIDS!!!!

19.JPG

Edited by Chich.

Mik, it amazes me how that poor black R32 is still alive. It cops a anal bashing every Texi!

hahahaha yeah it lives up to its name "XKLABA" although i'm thinking I might change it to " VAGINA" cause everyone know the beating they can take

wow great photo man, thanks for that! loved how grippy the surface was, meant you could really put the foot in and have a bit of fun :)

Wow man so many killer shots in your album, can't believe so many people bothered taking photos of me - I expected to be a bit of an outcast in my beat up 180 but really did feel welcomed by everyone

That's the great thing about SAU events, everyone is welcome (as you found out in the morning, some ribbing happens occasionally just because you're different but it's only done in the spirit of friendly competition!). Couldn't believe how low your 180 was, and how well it hooked up you were getting very quick acceleration even while sideways. Looked awesome on the long sweeps of "oh what a feeling" track, the smoke coming out the wheel arches and also out the top of the panel where it joins the boot, having a straight edge it looked like it was a solid sheet of smoke and there was plenty of it!