SAU Community

2012 Sau-Vic Motorsport Championship

emts

WRX club need other clubs to make the numbers for entries for their track rounds. AROCA run a pretty slick day, the drivers tend to be more experienced, and they keep the flow moving for maximizing number of sessions in the day.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have similar views. Seen many stupid incidents at WRX days. Barry Crocker is a cock bag haha. He once blocked me for 3 laps at winton when I was clearly on his ass doing 1.5-2s quicker lap times consistently. So wanted to ram him! Ant and I complained to clerk of course and they're just like 'well that's just Barry, he's like that sometimes...'

Seems like they like to play favourites.

Oh and there is the guy that does the clerk or course, older guy, just pisses me off lol.

/rant.

What about some other groups like tampered days for Winton? They're very cruisy, reasonably priced.

Personally I am avoiding Tampered days, they stick to many cars on the track, no drivers briefing and driver actions show this.

I like the idea of AROCA esp at Sandown, maybe PIRAC at PI with less noise issues.

MS committee sit down at the end of the year to work out the season and I'm sure this will be taken into consideration.

M

lol @ cockbag comment :laugh:

I agree about tampered days or any type of 'fun day'. Too many wankers in shit boxes who don't care if they slam in to you.

Well at the end of the day, it shouldn't matter about which club runs the event - we shouldn't limit our championship rounds to just one club. If we have a view of the forward schedule of club days for the year, perhaps we can mix it up. At the same time, it's a shame SAU Vic is not strong enough to run our own.

The commitments in time to run our own and the training requirement for CAMS are quite high.

AROCA ran a very successful Broadford track day over the weekend (just on youtube). I would be more inclined for SAU VIC to continue to be involved in entry level events like DECA and expland into Broadford or Haunted Hills, more so broadford as I personally dislike HH.

Next years track calendar will be of great debate I'm sure.

Broadford, stuck behind a clio :domokun: really need a good drivers briefing.

As for comments regarding future, shame there seems to be strife within WRX as it precludes people standing up to assist. Thing with volunteer organisers, they don't get paid enough - it's a hard job. What would the clubs think of us doing a pic and mix year, maybe we should get a discount for loyalty. And aren't AROCA days already quite full? Think the MS committee might need a slab to get through this topic.

As for comments regarding future, shame there seems to be strife within WRX as it precludes people standing up to assist. Thing with volunteer organisers, they don't get paid enough - it's a hard job. What would the clubs think of us doing a pic and mix year, maybe we should get a discount for loyalty. And aren't AROCA days already quite full? Think the MS committee might need a slab to get through this topic.

I've heard a few people got stuck behind said clio... had no idea and hogged the track.

Yes they are, that would be my main concern. Also Mas days, haven't been to one since Jim isn't conducting them anymore. Not sure how they operate now. But they are also very full days to start with.

Discussion is needed for sure.

MAS recently have been Club members only for some tracks.

so no go with them.

They have always done that. The PI at the start of the year and specialty events like broadford etc.

But they generally run a couple of open Sandown and Wintons' a year. Their PI events are generally members only days. I think this is because they allow passengers for the first two sessions.

hello all,

getting ready for a first trackday with SAU and after reading this post i have a couple of questions.

emts,

under vehicle requirements, roll cages are listed. Is it compulsory to have a roll cage or if you have one, it must be cams approved.

Also as far as bonnet catches go, if i dont want to use bonnet pins, what other options do i have that wont get knocked back buy the scruteniers.

cheers

hello all,

getting ready for a first trackday with SAU and after reading this post i have a couple of questions.

emts,

under vehicle requirements, roll cages are listed. Is it compulsory to have a roll cage or if you have one, it must be cams approved.

Also as far as bonnet catches go, if i dont want to use bonnet pins, what other options do i have that wont get knocked back buy the scruteniers.

cheers

cage is not needed unless you are planning on running slicks.

Most of us don't have one. Tho is a great idea once you become more serious.

re Bonnet catches if you have a factory bonnet then you have 2 already, the one under the dash then the secondary one under the bonnet so you are fine.

if you have an aftermarket carbon or similar one then you will need to look at other options such as some wire with carbines attached clipped to bonnet and chassis. If you do need to do this let me know and will get you some mroe info and some examples the guys here have used.

M

I'm missing 4pts from the overall :yes:

I figured you didn't need them

noticed that as well when the copy went up has been resolved in the master copy.

teaches me not to do this in airports.