SAU Community

New M35 Owner In Adelaide!

Glitch

Greetings all,

Its official, my wife and I have just paid for our very own NM35 Stag which is over in Japan at present and will be shortly making its way over to become the daily run-about for the Mrs and make family life a little easier when bubs comes along. We've always loved the m35 Stagea but for one reason or another they have always been out of reach.

Recently our circumstances took a change for the worse when we found out that the car we've called our own for the last 3yrs actually has finance still owing on it and the douche who took out the loan had absconded and stopped making repayments.

It certainly was a bit of a kick in the guts after I spoke to the finance company and confirmed some details but the only relief was that they hadn't actually decided to pursue their security and were happy to take the last registered owner's details from us to see if it might dhelp them pursue their man.

To cut the story slightly shorter, they've since found the guy on the loan (turns out to be 2 owners before us) and are in negotiations with him at present but we've been told it isnt looking very promising due to a lack of income.

My wife and I decided, after some words were thrown about that thankfully bubs couldn't hear whist "baking" away, that regardless of whether they take the car or not we would begin the sensible shift to a wagon to fit bubs and the two dogs.

So, after seeking the assistance of Iron Chef and an aution last week, we snagged ourselves a brilliant example of an NM35.

Only 72,000 on the clock, 12/2001 build and in pearl white. We got nearly everything we wanted in our new car; Pearl White duco,, Full aero kit, Black on Black interior with electric leather seats with the TV/Navi combo. The only things missing are the twin sunroofs and a reversing camera. The latter can be added easily after its landed and sitting in the driveway.

So, have a look and do feel free to let me know what you reckon. Couple of mods on the list already, set of rims and full, turbo back, exhaust with possibly more to come.

But all in time and first things first, we need to get this thing on this side of the gap =)

post-77466-0-57471800-1329383160_thumb.jpg

post-77466-0-25273900-1329383184_thumb.jpg

post-77466-0-59868000-1329383213_thumb.jpg

post-77466-0-57659000-1329383265_thumb.jpg

post-77466-0-02711400-1329383311_thumb.jpg

post-77466-0-25781000-1329383341_thumb.jpg

post-77466-0-60361400-1329383362_thumb.jpg

post-77466-0-59183700-1329383391_thumb.jpg

post-77466-0-79398300-1329383441_thumb.jpg

post-77466-0-94567700-1329383476_thumb.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice!

a set of rims? it already has a set on it, and also lowered suspension too!

sorry to hear about the other car, if you did a revs check beforehand and have the certificate, i think that will cover you. good luck with it all.

Hey Dominic, welcome to the forum; Iron chef has a great rep, and it looks like you've got a good one there!thumbsup.gif

Best of luck with the car debt, the Stagea will take you mind off things. Plenty of other SA stags too.

Have some fun perusing the forum, everything you need to know is here; just takes a bit of sifting.whistling.gif

Cheers, Dale

Thanks for the welcome, guys; appreciate it. =)

I've been perusing the forums for nearly 3yrs and know that there is an absolute wealth of information and experience here.

Ian - I knew previously about REVS checks but didnt have the idea to do a check until after I gained easy access via work. An expensive lesson surely, but certainly a lesson. I'll be certain to make sure that none of my friends or family have to learn the same lesson thumbsup.gif

Had another look at the pics that the agent sent us on Auction day, and you're right about the suspension. Any guesses to what make/brand the springs are?

Dont think that it'd be easy to tell, though.

As for the rims, the Mrs isnt too keen on how they look at the moment as they're only 17s and dont fill the guards enough. She's seen too many other examples on here with decent shoes, haha

post-77466-0-75276100-1329385908_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the SA Stagea owners group! Im sure you'll love the car, be good to see it out at a cruise or two.

Think those are Nismo springs. Car looks like mine! Except you have leather and I have sunroofs (rooves?).

Where abouts in Adelaide are you?

Welcome to the SA Stagea owners group! Im sure you'll love the car, be good to see it out at a cruise or two.

Think those are Nismo springs. Car looks like mine! Except you have leather and I have sunroofs (rooves?).

Where abouts in Adelaide are you?

Thanks Ryan. We're somewhat down south; around the Marion area and totally keen to join the next cruise when we have the White Stag in the driveway. =)

No idea, actually. Troy from Iron Chef has advised that import approval and compliance have been organised but I neglected to ask where it was getting done. I'll find out and throw up an update tomorrow.

It's gonna be a long wait, I reckon. Transit time is around 2-3wks, right?

Edited by Glitch

Yup thats nismo suspension! nice work, you probably wont want to change from them, they are great suspension!

Totally agree as i got full nismo suspension noe in my stag....... NISMOOOOOOOOO...... Sorry torrets playing up lmao

well, it just so happens that i do have a couple extra pics... =)

I saw the same thing and am just wondering whether its had a respray or if they didnt wash it properly or something. Probably a respray though. I'll certainly be having a look to see if there's any accident damage or if the bar was simply replaced. Tailgate seems to be a lighter colour to the bar so it may have just been resprayed or something...

hmm.... :glare:

post-77466-0-96812600-1329448579_thumb.jpg

post-77466-0-74386500-1329448593_thumb.jpg

post-77466-0-98449500-1329448608_thumb.jpg

post-77466-0-08924200-1329448625_thumb.jpg

post-77466-0-26391000-1329449012_thumb.jpg

the upper tailgate looks to be alright but definately the lower section though its a little harder to tell but looks to be repainted and definately the rear bar............ so i hope there's no major damage under there from a rear ender.

Just got a reply from Troy at Iron Chef:

"...The car will be getting complied at a place in South Australia called "Import Compliance". Kristian does a lot with these guys and they also deal with a lot of Stageas which always helps

I just had a closer look at some of those pics and noted what you have mentioned. It could be a couple of things, but I will ask my agent to check it out in the flesh before I speculate. Definitely no accident or repair damage noted on auction sheet or inspection.

Will let you know as soon as I know."

So... I'll wait and see what the agent says and hopefully there's nothing sinister going on. :starwars:

What kind of rear bar is that?Point is, it's not stock, might be aero, but what I'm getting at is that is the bar could have just been bought on yahoo auction and fitted, not colour matched. So don't stress about it.

Welcome to the community mate.cheers.gif

Edited by PN-Mad