SAU Community

Leather Gearstick & Handbrake Boots

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G'day C yar,

Perth is easy. I send them out COD post, so you only have ot pay for them when you pick them up - much safer this way. Nation wide postage is only $11. So the total cost will be $65 for the boot set, and $12 postage, totaling $77.

If your interested then I just need some sort of postal address (send me a PM with an address) and I can get a set out to you first thing Monday morning.

Any questions just ask away :P

Cheers

J

i just put in the boots and they are excellent. had a bit of trouble with the metal ring thing in the shifter which holds the boot in place. is there an easy way to make it sit properly as the leather (very nice) is a bit thicker than the old vinyl boot?

thanks again jay, they are must haves for all skyline owners (vinyl ones are crap!)

LOL - yepp, that metal ring is mega MEGA tight. Best thing to do is to (if you get stuck) is to pry the ring open just a touch - not much at all, but just a little bit.

All of the installs I've done I've been able to get the ring to sit right, but like I said, it's MEGA tight.

Glad you guys like them :)

J

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by FunkBrother

Hey Jay,

Just got a new gear knob to replace the old worn one and now the gearstick and handbrake boots look out of place.

Can you put me down for a set please.

I can come and pick them up from you when they are ready.

Cheers.

No problems - I'll be ordering the new hide this pay day (thursday), so the next lot should be ready in about 2-3 weeks.

Seems your in canberra I can install them for you too. I've got it down pat now, takes me about 30 mins :D

I'll drop you a PM when they are ready.

Cheers

J