SAU Community

Leather Gearstick & Handbrake Boots

G'day guys.

After getting anoyed with the factroy torn gearstick and handbrake boots in my R33 I decided to make my own out of black leather.

They came out so good that I'm now making them for SAU forum members (so far I've made about 80 sets for SAU people !!)

Here's all the info on them - make sure you read all of this cause it'll probably answer all your questions.

I can only make the boot sets for the R33 GTS's, GTS-t's and GTR's (sorry R32 and R34 guys).

To keep the price down, I only make them in all black. That's black leather, black stitching and black studs. Sorry guys, I won't be doing them in different colours, the cost goes through the roof.

What Do I Have To Do With Them When I get Them? When you get them in the mail (postal info is below), all you'll need to do is sew in the wire frame that's currently down the bottom of your factory handbrake boot, into the new boot that I send you. And also install the rubber collett that's currently around the top of your factory gearstick boot into the new one I send you (Canberra people - I can install them for you).

It's really easy stuff, and I've posted up the full install procedures a few posts below, along with some pictures of what you get and what they look like.

Postage I send them out COD post so you only have to pay for them when you pick them up. Much safer this way as I've had a few things go missing through Aust Post :)

With COD post, the courier will come around to the address that you give me to hand them over. If your there at the time, then you just pay the money. If your not there at the time then the courier will leave a card telling you where they can be picked up from.

COD post cost an extra $12 nation wide so it's cheap insurance.

International Orders I am now set up with PayPal and will ship via fully tracked EMS postage (ems postage is $40 worldwide).

Cost Price of the boot set is $65 for both boots, or $40 for just the handbrake boot (for the Auto guys) and $30 for just the gearstick boot. Note that if you only get one boot and you've got a manual car then the colour and texture is slightly different to the factory boot set.

So total cost for a set will be $65 + $12 postage = $77 *From each batch I make a $50 donation will be sent to SAU*

BTW: I just found out that a workshop in Sydney sell the leather handbrake boots for R33 for $95 exchange!!! That's JUST the handbrake boot!!!

Ordering To order a set, just put a post up here or you can PM with your details. Generally I make a batch every 6-8 weeks if I've got the order numbers up, although at them moment I have 4-5 sets ready to post out right now if anyone is interested.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Cheers

Jayson

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

NOTICE: The R33 leather boots DO NOT fit in R32's. the gearstick one will never fit with any amount of modifcation. however the handbrake leather does with some modification, it isnt a perfect fit but if your hanbrake leather is terrible and urgently requires replacing you may want to consider it.

however as i said before R33 BOOTS DO NOT FIT INTO R32s.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hey man, i picked up the stuff today.

looks + feels sick..!!

i can smell the leather just like Jay said haha...

haven't installed yet, but assume just rip off factory stuff and replace the same way the factory ones are put in?? What can i do about the plastic ring thing i was having a sook about?

man i put these next to the factory ones...huge difference.

haha best thing u can buy for a car at that price.

Keep up the work man, and ppl keep the orders thru, well worth it

Thanks dude. :)

Yepp, just rip the old stuff out and put the new stuff in. I've posted up instructions earlier on in the thread (back a few pages) on how to do it.

You really should get your hands on one of those plastic rings so it sits in the correct place. If you've got the main plastic ring and just missing the small elastic band one, then just use a elastic band.

J

Na, I wouldn't say it was hard, just fiddly if you haven't done any sewing !! I had to remember back to 3rd grade to revamp my sewing skills !! LOL

Once you get the factory handbrake boot out you'll see how it goes and what you need to do.

You'll be right, just plod through it and it'll be fine.

J