SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

BA976D45-3761-4344-87AF-BA6F404064EF_zps

1EDE2905-F91C-45EF-A06B-DEEB5343084B_zps

Exhaust is complete!

725B47C0-0893-4C48-886B-5B1EC37BABB7_zps

Fuel filters. After what happened last year, overkill the shit out of it. 1 x 40 micron pre surge tank, 2 x 6 micron in parallel post surge tank. That's all getting mounted onto a plate in the RHS of the boot. At some stage of like to put a box over the top and put grey carpet over it with all the factory linings in.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sneakey pete said:

What are you going to be using for your per cylinder egt setup?

Pre and post compressor sensors?

I'll get a photo of the sensor tomorrow night.

Ah no, sorry I was looking at your post from last month mentioning you had per runner egt ports and a post turbo egt port welded into the manifold/dumps, was wondering what system you were using?

Also intrigued about the back pressure sensor.

I would assume the pre and post compressor sensors would just be run of the mill 0-5v variety's 

EGT sensors look like this. 

FC1C1675-C431-4CE1-AC12-BEBBF63D8300_zps

Open ended EGT's. These are a Haltech sensor but rebranded. Not sure what the original brand is. I'll have a look. This set is for sale ATM.

The post turbine is a sensor which came with the road rage gauge. That's a display to show the Turbine speed. It came with it so I chucked it in. Here is a link. http://www.roadragegages.com/SBT-kit.htm

The post compressor temp sensor  is actually an EGT sensor due to the heat. It's going to be very interesting to see how hot the compressed air coming out of the turbo actually is. The pre compressor temp sensor is a different design.

Exhaust manifold pressure I'll take a photo tomorrow. I have 2 x -3 bung welded on the manifold. One in each side of the scroll. 

2 minutes ago, jangles said:

Any type K thermo couple would work. 

Tune is going to be tight!

After what happened last year with fuel system rubbish, an EGT setup will show a lazy/blocked injector and potentially save the engine. Cheap insurance IMO!

26 minutes ago, Piggaz said:

After what happened last year with fuel system rubbish, an EGT setup will show a lazy/blocked injector and potentially save the engine. Cheap insurance IMO!

I need to invest, I was lucky with mine. One had 20% less flow.

Should work rather well.

Using the haltech controller box for the egts also?

LOL

Not sure if trolling or not. I think Paul likes to have passengers in his car rather than an array of shitty haltech extender boxes filling up his floor
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, fatz said:

Time for laps? 

Throw me the keys and we can see what the old girl can do

last time I drive a gtr at ec it caught on fire what could possibly go wrong

Sure. Just don't break it!

2 hours ago, acsplit said:

LOL

Not sure if trolling or not. I think Paul likes to have passengers in his car rather than an array of shitty haltech extender boxes filling up his floor

Trolling for info is all. If they're all going into the ecu as analogue that would mean 7 boxes sitting on the floor converting it, so I wss wondering if he had some kind of can based egt amplifier?

24 minutes ago, sneakey pete said:

Trolling for info is all. If they're all going into the ecu as analogue that would mean 7 boxes sitting on the floor converting it, so I wss wondering if he had some kind of can based egt amplifier?

Scott hasn't mentioned any boxes. I'm 99% certain it's all going straight to the ECU. If I needed anything extra I would have gotten an invoice for it haha.