SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

Update!

Fuel system is almost completed.

- Aftermarket Industries SP 1200 using 2 of the possible 3 Walbro 460's.

- Speedflow 200 series black braid hose. -10 all round with a -12 breather.

- Had a fuel hat spun up to accept the factory rubber.  (This is away getting machined up to accept the fittings ATM).

- Ethanol sensor in the return line which has a bypass around it. The by pass has a 1 or 2 psi one way valve in it to push as much fuel through the sensor.

- Hypertune rail which got annodised black.

- Bosch 1700 cc injectors.

- 3 X Fuelab 828 series (5 inch long element) fuel filters. 1 is a 40 Micron pre surge tank, the other 2 are 6 Micron in parallel post surge tank. 

2CF376C8-F2E3-434C-9386-B6E1350FE8E3_zps

A6DDED2F-8525-4E93-A760-673303052EB7_zps

A9AD71BB-3BA7-45EE-A1FA-EC717370AF53_zps

026C0C1E-F8DC-4093-B6D3-13F391CF15F2_zps

7BF24C45-2074-4137-9343-EB7C5B230BC0_zps

Got the reground HKS V-Cam back. It started life as a 264 @ 8.7 mm. Duration at 50 thou was 222.xx. It's not a "270 ish" @ 10.25 mm. Duration at 50 thou is 229.54. The Unigroup "260" at 50 thou is 232.34, so a little more agro. That has 10.85 mm. The Base circle went from 32 to 30.1 mm on the modified V cam camshaft.

6C3C5B4F-3B3C-41BF-8285-BB6C554ED74D_zps

Unigroup cam left, V cam right.

ED49E84C-7B67-4B37-9C4E-E4AC5ADE3A2D_zps

Unigroup left, V cam right.

4193B74B-353B-4636-A911-3067EC1D2DA2_zps

Unigroup left, V cam right. You can see the different sizes of the nose between them. Totally different, not to mention all the oil gallery machining going on in there.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Sub Boy32 said:

Sweet looking fuel setup.....as usual for you overkill is the name of the game!

this is going to be a very scary car when it hits the road!

Means I'll NEVER have to revisit it again. Done!

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2016 at 7:39 AM, Sub Boy32 said:

Some finger from arse removal is required here.......:bomb_ie:

Can't get into Insight until Feburary.

Haven't spoken to Dennis this week. Hopefully the PS res, the airbox and gate lines are on the to do list.

Gearbox is back out of the car. I wish I knew this before I put the gearbox in, but for those who buy an OS88 in the future, make sure you sort out the breather fitting. They silicon the fitting in and with a little bit of heat the fitting pops out. It makes sense why it was spewing oil out on the dyno and on the road! Box is at Award getting sorted. So, a "cover" on the inside over the breather hole, a tapped thread for the breather fitting so it won't come out. Scott also wants to run a Mercedes Benz gear position sensor so that will go in now. GRRRRR!!!!!

Ross CAS kit was ordered last week.

Godzilla motorsport ignition kit ordered this arvo. Thats another two items off the list.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Piggaz said:

Can't get into Insight until Feburary.

Haven't spoken to Dennis this week. Hopefully the PS res, the airbox and gate lines are on the to do list.

Gearbox is back out of the car. I wish I knew this before I put the gearbox in, but for those who buy an OS88 in the future, make sure you sort out the breather fitting. They silicon the fitting in and with a little bit of heat the fitting pops out. It makes sense why it was spewing oil out on the dyno and on the road! Box is at Award getting sorted. So, a "cover" on the inside over the breather hole, a tapped thread for the breather fitting so it won't come out. Scott also wants to run a Mercedes Benz gear position sensor so that will go in now. GRRRRR!!!!!

Ross CAS kit was ordered last week.

Godzilla motorsport ignition kit ordered this arvo. Thats another two items off the list.

It was easier to get to the moon :)

and quicker . lol

16 hours ago, fatz said:

Buy the time this car runs the turbo will be outdated

#skolaspec

I see what you did there :D

Edited by reaper

• 1 month later...