SAU Community

Mozzies - Effin Mozzies

GTR-N1

Anyone else experiencing this?

Damn big welts and giant histamine reactions this year like nothin' before > grrrrr

My fault too, for being too lazy to buy some hydrocortisone cream - sh!t

i've been sleeping with 1 foot out of the blankets (apparently). wake up the next morning with mozzie bites all over my foot/lower leg. not really getting worse reactions than normal though. i use good old calamine lotion. if it's a really bad one i use stingoes (or however it's spelt).

apparently it's going to be a bad mozzie season here in SE qld thanks to all the flooding over the past few months creating a lot of new breeding spots

ooooh mate, if a mozzie gets me i get a fifty cent piece size welt and it will ITCH like mad

the worst was in 2010 when i had about 20 bites all over me and it felt like i was on fire

really been watching them since then, dont want to go through that again

All the rain we've been having... mozzies are probably having orgies and giving birth to freak offspring.

What bothers me more than the itching is actually being woken up in the middle of the night by a fu*ken mosquito right near my ear and not being able to get back to bed till it's dead. I'd rather sleep through and wake up in the morning with a couple of bites than lose half an hour's sleep at 3am but get him before he gets me.

i'm a magnet for mozzies, the moment i go out in the open, i get bitten. was changing brake pads on my 34, and i found about 6 - 7 new welts on my legs. that's gay.. winter needs to come soon.

Mozzies are pretty cool.

I get the occasional bite on my fingers during the night, they itch like crazy the next day but that's about all.

Where are you guys getting mozzie's from at this time of year?

Can't say I've seen one for almost 2 months and i leave my windows open 24x7 in my place so usually get 1-2 come through every few days during summer

ha. suckers. almost never get bitten. even when they are eating my friends alive.

that's cause you is blek. they can't see you, LOL

Where are you guys getting mozzie's from at this time of year? Can't say I've seen one for almost 2 months and i leave my windows open 24x7 in my place so usually get 1-2 come through every few days during summer

where do you live? address and times you aren't there please........

It's still Summer in QLD mate.

this

• 2 weeks later...

Where are you guys getting mozzie's from at this time of year?

Can't say I've seen one for almost 2 months and i leave my windows open 24x7 in my place so usually get 1-2 come through every few days during summer

Still plenty of the plicks around my area.... BUT not as bad as they were.... HATE mozzies!

Anyone else experiencing this?

Damn big welts and giant histamine reactions this year like nothin' before > grrrrr

My fault too, for being too lazy to buy some hydrocortisone cream - sh!t

I haven't had an issue with mosquito bites since I learned that the histamine is the bodies response to the protein in the mosquitoes saliva. Simple cure, make a cup of coffee or something hot, and hold it on the bite for 10-15 seconds or as long as you can bear without actually burning yourself. Might have to repeat a few times, but usually works first go for me. The heat denatures the protein, meaning no more histamine response = no more itchiness.

Of course my issue with mosquitoes in general is that they are disease-harboring parasites, so I kill the f**kers anyway.