SAU Community

Nitto Oil Pump Redesign?

No Idea but I hope not. Hopefully they have it perfect now !

(I have one)

Do you mean this ??

NITTO utilizes their precision CNC machined cast alloy outer housing and along with their already proven oil pump design NITTO has now released a new billet alloy backing plate allowing further stability to oil pressure and flow at high rpm levels by minimizing any possible flexing of the housing.

No Idea but I hope not. Hopefully they have it perfect now !

(I have one)

Do you mean this ??

NITTO utilizes their precision CNC machined cast alloy outer housing and along with their already proven oil pump design NITTO has now released a new billet alloy backing plate allowing further stability to oil pressure and flow at high rpm levels by minimizing any possible flexing of the housing.

this, I am expecting mine this week, when I recieve it I'll post a few pics

This was the email that was forwarded to me. What I had been told was that the housing and backing plate materials were changing.

Housings being finished off this week and assembly will start again next week. I have about 40 back orders to fill but will advise as we are getting through them. Not long now.

Regards

Andrew McIntosh

Sales Manager

Nitto Performance Engineering

It's the new merterial one I am expecting,

Ito have heard of the new spline, but that would mean putting a new crank collar on, which is ok if you are about to or in the strat of a build but to just replace the pump means a far bit of work

They've have that for ages though...

All new materials sounds interesting though

They've been testing the revised spline drive pumps pretty hard.... can't wait till it's released.

Tomei pumps still fail unfortunately.

I just got off the phone with Nitto. Guy I spoke too was super helpful.

They are still testing these new spline drive pumps. They rekon they are pretty happy with it now. But until they are 100% they wont release it, understandable...

No definite date for release, but a ball park was a few months.

Hi Guys. Still working on the spline drive for our pumps. Was hoping to have this finished well before now but we have made several spline contour, clearance and count changes during testing and development. The field testing for this product is a nightmare also with the main test vehicle being a high HP GTR with 2 step etc and each time we change design the engine needs to be removed to allow for pump removal then installed again, then testing, then more testing, then engine / pump removal for inspection, change to new inner gear, remove collar and install new collar and so on. You get the idea. Hoping we have a final revision for testing now but I would be lieing if I gave you a finish date.

As far as the housings go we have just finished casting a new housing that is very similar to the old one but is a new mould, new casting technique, new material, logo and some very slight gallery revisions. Only reason this was done was because we were having some supply issues with our current casting plant which does not fit well with our stocking promises. Pictures on our facebook page (Search Nitto Performance Engineering).

Hope this sheds some light and while I'm here what's with the hate R31Nismoid??? Bit arrogant yes??? As stated many times before our pump is very different to the JUN / Greddy pump made by the same factory. Do we need to go over this again?

Do you guys have someone employed specifically to lurk every forum for someone to mention anything nitto related so you can then spew forth your marketing crap?

Lol

Hi Guys. Still working on the spline drive for our pumps. Was hoping to have this finished well before now but we have made several spline contour, clearance and count changes during testing and development. The field testing for this product is a nightmare also with the main test vehicle being a high HP GTR with 2 step etc and each time we change design the engine needs to be removed to allow for pump removal then installed again, then testing, then more testing, then engine / pump removal for inspection, change to new inner gear, remove collar and install new collar and so on. You get the idea. Hoping we have a final revision for testing now but I would be lieing if I gave you a finish date.

As far as the housings go we have just finished casting a new housing that is very similar to the old one but is a new mould, new casting technique, new material, logo and some very slight gallery revisions. Only reason this was done was because we were having some supply issues with our current casting plant which does not fit well with our stocking promises. Pictures on our facebook page (Search Nitto Performance Engineering).

Hope this sheds some light and while I'm here what's with the hate R31Nismoid??? Bit arrogant yes??? As stated many times before our pump is very different to the JUN / Greddy pump made by the same factory. Do we need to go over this again?

Thanks for sheding some light on the spline drive Andrew. I'm happy it's taking a while... means there is less chance of failure for my engine- I've been an advocate for a spline drive rb oil pump for years now and I'm glad an Aussie company is developing and testing one.

Don't worry about Nismoid... he dosn't hate you... he just hates everything :verymad: mr cranky pants. :woot: :woot: :woot:

As a side note, maybe have a look at registering as a trader on SAU (similar to Risking). Obviously it's a great way to reach a large part of your target market for this pump.