SAU Community

Are You A Pc Or Mac User?

Are you a PC or MAC User?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, just looking for any info on an ultrabook i want to get for my little sisters birthday

I dont really know too much about these things, i just know that windows 8 is a must

is this any good?

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers/asus/11-inch-touch-screen-ultrabook-sku-90634/

Specs wise, it looks ok, just interested if anybody has any more opinions

Probably good for the price but under powered.

Rather than swap in a SSD, maybe spend a little more and get one with a preinstalled SSD and faster processor?

Get someone to chip in and get this? http://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers/asus/13-inch-ultrabook-sku-90637/

Probably good for the price but under powered.

Rather than swap in a SSD, maybe spend a little more and get one with a preinstalled SSD and faster processor?

Get someone to chip in and get this? http://www.jbhifi.co...book-sku-90637/

i saw that one too, but 800 for a girl to do junior highschool work on, and surf facebook, seemed a touch much

i've played with a few of these at lunch and it was pretty terrific. But ill be damned if i listen to the people that work at JB

you imaginary internet people are always far more helpful

if she is only junior HS FB then a 60gb SSD would be plenty

i just bought a dell 10" netbook for my daughter took the 250gb hdd out and chucked in a SSD and upped the ram from 1gb to 2gb and it fly's now might see if i can chuck windows 8 on it :D

the one thing im chasing more than anything is, that if im going to force her to learn windows 8, i do want it to be touchscreen

its my understanding that the whole OS is developed around the idea and that if its not a touchscreen, she'll be busting my parents arse for a tablet in a few months

if it works out as well as i hope, i might copy the setup for my place too

My hipsterspec white Mac wireless keyboard is filthy.

How do I clean?

feOdg.jpg

Since when are you asking other people for advice on cleaning? You are the go to man for advice in that area. I also consider you an expert in hair styling, rainbow painting and unicorn riding.

I think the 131166 is a national freecall whereas 94811111 is a Sydney local call... other areas had there own numbers too. We used to have ads with 94811111 jingle. Just looked on Youtube, nostalgiaed but couldn't find any.