SAU Community

My First Car /bringing It To Life

well i brought my first car for $3400 r33... , unfortunately auto as mum paid for it and im paying her back and it was a quick decision.

Drove 6 hours to get it , when i got there i had no clue it was in such a neglected condition...

driving 6 hours home with it , cd player was stuffed , bald tires , dash lights didnt work , needed wheel balance BAD

it basically needed a lot of attention... so i got home that night at about 2 am , parked it up and went to bed.

sometime within that week i parked it in my shed and thought... i cant leave it this way

the worst thing by far was someone had painted the WHOLE interior blue with spray paint.. so thats means ripping every single piece of interior out and spending $200 for 2L of interior paint with a vinly bonder.. so i ripped everything out with the help of some choice mates..

We did a lot of wire soldering , found about 5 metres of random wiring that had no purpose , smashed up neon bars , corn flakes , dockets , and lots of other fuilthy shit the previous owned had left in it , it was a nightmare

to paint the interior it took about 3 weeks , just running around , finding the paint , going back for more paint , re installing

i wont ramble on too much , the pics show most of the stuff ive done to it from early stage to now

unfortunately no pics of the blue interior as i had them on the iphone and it decided to shit itself..

Paint is also really bad but.. but oh well.

Total spending on this car since buying in december is $3700 , including a $1500 orion sound system i got on sale , which was down from about $2200 or so

Its auto yeah , but not bad for a first car

cheers

sold the rice spec bodykit and GTR wing and replaced the dinted quarter panel

B65D03E6.jpg

9A23BCCF.jpg

D94CB075.jpg

interior apart

2A0E53CA.jpg

CC89788E.jpg

33interiorapart.jpg

engine was sucking hot air because it had no airbox snorkel , so added one , not a bad looking engine bay for 195.000 KM

A0FC2776.jpg

got some stock front and rear bumpers

19E43275.jpg

C6BB3AE7.jpg

BF7F929D.jpg

interior finished

642D2AEF.jpg

got some genuine weds krenze wheels for $500... 18x10 and also some GKTECH 4 to 5 stud converter spacers which are 20mm and let you run 5 stud wheels on a 4 stud car... i ended up having to buy 4 new studs and pulling the rear hub assembly apart to make these things fit... but they work pretty well , hope the cops dont notice them , also sticker bombed my old dinted panel after i took the dints out

Image.jpg

bombedguard.jpg

DSC02985.jpg

wed.jpg

FADD0E41.jpg

DSC02984.jpg

bombedpanel1.jpg

DSC02879.jpg

put my wheels on , lowered it with lovells springs i got for $50 and front tein struts which are as hard as anything..

also painted my wheels with the green lip , cheers

DSC02962.jpg

DSC02954.jpg

DSC02958.jpg

DSC02875.jpg

DSC02889.jpg

DSC02899.jpg

DSC03037.jpg

DSC03013.jpg

DSC02913.jpg

A559EDDF.jpg

508F5A9A.jpg

next to do is a drift lip for the boot

tint

buying tein coilovers for $450 off a mate

maybe a respray

thanks for looking

Edited by Savtraxx

Good on ya, dude. You've taken a bucket of shit and turned it into something very respectable. Great first car and no doubt you feel proud driving it around knowing the amount of work you put into it.

It looks great, especially with those wheel.

Hope you enjoy the hell out of it.

Hey tayden.

Don't bother with the haters. You have brought what was a right piece of shit, back to a point where your happy with it. That's the most important thing. Look, it's your first car, so I'm not suprised that you have gone for a "scene" feel to things with the sticker bomb/green rims. Thats probably what you've seen on stance, or jdmst, or whatever else you have been hanging around. So thats what you made your car. Now, I can't say I'm a huge fan of scene cars. I'm a simple kinda guy style wise. I don't think rusted panels or bike racks are "mint".

Just make the car not some thing you enjoy, not something that fits in with everything everybody else is doin. If its the same thing, then that's ok too. Just make it your own.

Second last thing- know when to sell it. Don't fall in love and think manual conversion, turbo conversion etc. just flog it to the next p plater, and get something someone else has put the work into.

Lastly. Get rid of that beige steering wheel, ain't no chick going to give it up to you if you got a steering wheel the colour of your granddads cardigan.k?