SAU Community

Thoughts On 300Awkw Rb25 R32? Haltec Sprint 500 Help?

hi,

ive got a 89 r32 gts4 and have a freshly built rb25 from a stagea almost ready to slip in.

im after 300kw @ all 4 on a safe tune on 15psi.

car has;

pod + full 3" straight pipe

ACL race bearings + porting intake/exhaust

tomei 256 cams + cam gears (yet to buy)

apexi AVCR will be set at 15psi

big oil cooler, big alloy radiator, big greedy intercooler (with waterspray on hobswitch set @ 12 psi)

nismo 555cc injectors with walbro intank pump (yet to buy)

yellow jacket coil packs (yet to buy)

*tuned for e85 depending on ecu?

my questions are;

1) turbo? Currently has rb25 neo highflow turbo (unsure of specs) but am wondering what turbo to go, was thinking 3071? thoughts?

2) Nistune or Haltec Sprint 500? Im keen on tuning on e85, is this possible with the Nistune?

3) i have the stock stagea afm and a fake z32 which was sold to me off ebay which im stoked about. Which one would you use?

cheers,

josh

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should get:

bosch/nismo fuel pump over walbro

splitfires over yellowjackets

Definently source a legit z32 afm

Pretty sure nistunes can do e85 but not 100% on that. I cant see why they wouldnt.

Dunno what turbo though if you only wanna run 15psi and gt 300kw. I would have suggested a gt3076 or gt3071 but you will probably need more boost to get 300kw.

If you are going to go e85 you might look at bigger injectors than 555 as well.

Edited by Mitcho_7

why only 15psi? Did you just wake up one morning with that number in your head?

Get a Vipec ECU

Ditch the water sprayer, its a waste of time

555cc injectors are WAY too small for E85

Get a GT3076 and set it to 18psi for 300rwkw

Buy a genuine Bosch 044 or Nismo pump, need something big for E85

Buy a brand new Bosch Z32, fake ones are shit, unless you know the guy and its tested then assume its faulty.

Edited by The Mafia

You will need an aftermarket exhaust manifold internally gated or factory exhaust manifold with external gate welded on to do that. Stock manifold will safely get you 280rwkws internally gated, or run moderated timing with E85 fuel.

Mafia u must have had a near perfect setup and healthy engine to achieve such a good number, I think thats the highest gt3076 int gate/RB25 result ive seen- 320rwkw

Wasn't that special, just set up correctly.

Remember, the WMI helped me get away with such a small rear housing.

Next size up (0.82) achieves 300rwkw pretty easily.

There isn't much more left in it after that though, as the compressor is nearing its limits. (unless you're using e85)

I hadn't done this, but if you're changing your turbo you'd have to be stupid not to remove the factory manifold, hit it with the die grinder and take some of the lumps out of it, face it, replace all studs, and use oval nuts.

Would take a few hours more for a big gain.

Edited by The Mafia

Mafia u must have had a near perfect setup and healthy engine to achieve such a good number, I think thats the highest gt3076 int gate/RB25 result ive seen- 320rwkw

So put one on your car and compare? OR just keep racking up the post count with useless information :D

From personal experience I found make actually making 300rwkws internal gate on stock manifold is not as easy as it sounds, out of 10 consecutive runs I did, only 1 went to 305rwkws and the rest was all between 275~290. After moving on to a steam pipe manifold using the same turbo out of 10 consecutive runs, the result were between 320~330rwkws with excellent consistency.

the size of the turbo that was on the car was equivalent to a 3076 58T with a 86T turbine .82 rear and .70 comp.

Check the Result thread, it reveals pretty much same thing.

How ever I've had customers picking up 15kws by die grinding the stock exhaust manifold. So that is some thing worth while doing while changing turbo on the car.

Vipecs are just Link G4's, so save some coin and get a Link or better yet get an Autronic

YellowJackets are fine

1000cc ID injectors

Bosch 044-Surge tank

GT3076-TD0625G-T6725G

6Boost manifold or similar and a 50mm wastegate

Run a MAFless tune

E85

3" hot side 2.5" cold side

FFP & 80mm TB

300kw easyyyyyy

Edited by 51NNA

cheers for all the replies, didnt think id get this many faark thanks

PS im from a rotor back ground (hence sick of smelling fuel) so some rb common knowledge might be lacking ;)

so 3076 seems the turbo of choice? and 300awkw hard to reach on 15psi even with fresh motor, + haltec + cams + e85?

if your wondering why 300, because thats about the limit of my budget + pretty much the limit of reliable streetable driving IMO / unforged rb25 limit (yes?)

decided on 15psi (/1bar) because thats all i want to run, not really keen on 20psi and getting mad numbers, and another motor in 6 months time.

topic probs should have read "after the most power i can get reliably on 15psi" but im after 300awkw'... if its possible with these bits?

with the e85- ahk, so 1000ccs and ill have no fear of leaning out on dyno..? what brand should i go with?

i have an 040 in the shed, i know its way to small, but does anyone know the specs? i want an intank pump because im not a fan of external setups/surge tanks/ petrol smelling cabin . obvious way to go would be twin 044's with 040 as lift pump but i dont want that much shit in my boot.....

and dont really see the point in getting splitfires (pretty much double the price of yellows) if yellow jackets will handle the power and not break up?

anyone know much on the haltec sprint series? better than nistune im assuming? Their going to cost me about the same price, so im guessing haltec would be the way to go?

i think ill get the stock afm + fake z32 tested and go from there - might use the stocky for the run in, then grab a genuine z32 when we tune for bigger numbers.

at the moment im thinking;

-3076 @ 15/16psi

-biggest walbro intank pump e85 & 800/1000cc injectors?

-yellow jackets with hks twin spark if i can find one

-haltec sprint 500 ecu

-proboost intake manifold (90mm tb?)

-ported stock exhaust manifold

- (is external gate a must??)

= 300awkw?

thanks again