SAU Community

Driveshaft Length

Hey guys,

Just a quick question.. Some skyline parts are interchangable between the series, are driveshafts a case of this,

Is the R32 coupe and four door same length? or R34 -R33 Coupes to four doors the same?

I have a mate who has done a manual conversion in his 34 which is a four door but he is having a hard time finding a driveshaft from a 34 four door so I have kindly lent him mine to get his going but im wanting to get it back in a few weeks but he isnt having any luck locating a driveshaft so we are thinking of looking outside the 34 range and wondering if a 33 sedan or even something in the 32's would do the job.

Any input is much appreciated,

Cheers

Are you talking about drieshafts (from diff to hubs) or the tailshaft (between gearbox and diff)?

Driveshafts are all essentially the same. Tailshafts are different. Drastically different between R32 and R33 for example.

As to whether tailshafts are the same length between 2 door and 4 door cars.....I haven't had any love for 4 door Skylines, so I don't know for sure, but the cars are slightly longer aren't they? In which case either the front half or the rear half of the tailshaft will be longer.

As to whether tailshafts are the same length between 2 door and 4 door cars.....I haven't had any love for 4 door Skylines, so I don't know for sure, but the cars are slightly longer aren't they?

Oh come on man 4 doors are heaps better than 2 :yes:

Tailshafts are the same length in 32's with coupes and 4 doors

just get the yoke changed on the auto one? you can usually use the front section of the 33 shaft onto the rear section of the 34, both have to be turbo or non turbo shafts though otherwise the centre bolts are different sizes