SAU Community

August Photo Thread

MaTBoY

Yo. Time to begin operation: catch up on a month!

WTAC snaps

7814157798_581d3f753d_b.jpg

7814156718_389075f6ac_b.jpg

7814159096_aedd13c21b_b.jpg

7814158608_b420cfd0da_b.jpg

7814158172_6791ca273c_b.jpg

and I've started working on sets again. Spent a while on this one last night cleaning up the car, had a stack of reflections and shit going on. not to mention some horrible colour balance thanks to car park tungstens.

7830702374_94030c302f_b.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ Absolutely fantastic pics Matboy.

Only thing I would change in that last S15 pic is the shade of tyre colour. Just a curve adjustment on the black to make it a tad darker and blend in sexy with the shadows.

But who am I to give advice to the pro's. Love your work as always.

ah, thats cause its HDR. its pretty sloppy, lol. im far from pro, hoping one of the pros will start posting up cityscapes for me to learn from

Edited by Jay019

ah, thats cause its HDR. its pretty sloppy, lol. im far from pro, hoping one of the pros will start posting up cityscapes for me to learn from

Oh cool, I still think they look great

dude hope you holding on to something when you got your legs over the edge lol. Nice shots man :)

Nice lighting dan!! cool shot.

Flat out lately. Going to have no life till end of December. Anyone want to come assist me on some shoots (specially my pre-wedding shoots as I need someone to hold my lights etc).

Some randoms..

From a e-shoot:

Two light setup. Einstein in BD (gelled to match sunset), and 430exii as rim light (not gelled). Hmm time to upgrade to 600exii and use its gel holder feature lol :P

Sidd-Rishi-Photography---001ab_resize.jpg

One light setup. Einstein in BD boomed way up high.

Slow shutter speed to bring in more ambient light. Very quick shot of the couple before reception started.

DS---002_resize.jpg

Up in Newcastle.

Sun as rim light.

AA---001_resize.jpg

Here you go another natural light shot.

Zara2---001_resize1.jpg

IMG_6788_resize.jpg

Something different from me:

SiddRishiPhotographyResized-040.jpg

Purchased a macro lens. so just testing it out on my corals:

IMG_3550_resize.jpg

Plenty more pics.. But that will do for now.

Actually one more..

An amazing belly dancer at last nights event. Cropped head and the other lady off to the right (cant show faces just yet).

But half way thru the act she was balancing a sword on her belly and head.

Two light setup again.

IMG_7179_resize.jpg

Some cool shots up there guys.

22-2.jpg

Rest can be seen: http://richardgraing...le-and-rowan/22 if interested

Sup man.. With this shot get the groom to kiss around her neck area. Get them closer and ask her to bring her chin up. Will look much better (just my opinion).

Otherwise nice work.

Edited by siddr20

Well guys my effort this month hasn't been nearly the grade that you folks do. Please feel free to give me some tips and pointers.

I went to WTAC this year with the focus on getting a few good shots. I found the night photography/panning especially tricky to get the settings right. I figured the only way to learn is to keep working at it until I find some things that start to work. My panning skills are nearly up to snuff with you fellas so at night every little wobble really throws the focus.

I feel like I learned a bit but wow - really get an appreciation for the guys that can get those extra extra clear night panning shots.

P1030265.JPG

P1030859_Retouch.jpg

P1030909_Retouch.jpg

Eric, come find me next time you've got your camera and there's moving targets around. :)

I was getting some sharp shots at 1/5th during the drifting! Still, looked like balls on my crappy sensor though. Oh well, almost upgrade time!

So I entered the Photo5 comp with this. The theme was Wind.

265583_357966890946905_358153818_o.jpg

(FACEBOOK COMPRESSION)

Edited by MaTBoY