SAU Community

Team SAU Billycart.

Snowman

Saw this advertised on TV and has got me thinking about orgainising a Team SAU Billycart!

http://www.redbullbillycartgp.com.au/

We can make a billycart that looks like a little GTR! I volunteer to be the driver! :D Engineering side of things I'd suck ass at but there are a number of guru enginners on here that Im sure could help build a pretty kick ass billycart!

What do people think?

i'm the smallest so I should drive... lol

if we can collect $200 then I can bring this down...

ta_003-img600x404-1065579615smart_55482_1.jpg

or in alternative colour...

ta_003-img600x418-1065579701smart_55484_1.jpg

or the super deluxe modified version...

600x450-pedal1.jpg

600x450-pedal2.jpg

600x450-pedal3.jpg

Nothing a lil chassis stretch (get troy to do it), a go kart seat, rollcage and tyres can't mend. Its already got the peadls all set up, i'm sure we can rig up bike breaks to it...

hmmm this is bringing back some nasty memories....in the very early engineering days(about 10 years old i think)i built a down hillcart setup for drifting with big rollerbearings for rear wheels...now on the tarmac this thing drifted like a muther ****er!!!I lost control of it at high speed done a 720 spin and hit a gutter at highpoint shopping center.....then i proceeded to roll the ****er....it broke the front steering head off and i had gravel rash...that was the end of the drifter

They boys at work were just talking about this and taking the p*ss outta me

anyone guess why?

Because my car has no motor... so it kinda counts as a billy cart as we have to push it Fred Flintstone style ;)

I'd be up for this. I reckon it'd be hella-stupid fun

TEAM SAU - Bille Division (take that as you will)

LOL! Lets get organised!

hmmm this is bringing back some nasty memories....in the very early engineering days(about 10 years old i think)i built a down hillcart setup for drifting with big rollerbearings for rear wheels...now on the tarmac this thing drifted like a muther ****er!!!I lost control of it at high speed done a 720 spin and hit a gutter at highpoint shopping center.....then i proceeded to roll the ****er....it broke the front steering head off and i had gravel rash...that was the end of the drifter

I remember the old days of billycarting down highpoint s/c ;)

cant really do it now though...

gee that was a long time ago, my dad and his mate built a go-cart a while back...[long story]

i used to have one of those super dodgy wodden ones with rope to turn the front wheels, snapped it in half at this MASSIVE hill near my house, hit someone's letters box but luckily i jumped off just before it hit LOL

Im in!!

I remember at my mates farm we'd hook up his billycart (which was a gokart with no engine) to the back of his dads 4WD with a towrope. Anf then drive around the paddocks drifting the billycart with the car going 50km.

It was awesome until my mate got so sideways he got infront of the car backwards and the rope went slack. And then the car took up the slack and flipped the billy cart. The tow rope came off and the metal tow hook flicked up and smashed the windscreen. And my mate broke his arm.

But it was so much fun...