SAU Community

Mv35 Turbo Dead

ONCE-NA

Impeller was dark (nearly black - I suspected your fuel smoke was at fault), but hasn't touched the front cover yet. Vertical clearance is still only afew thou. Thats not to say the turbine isn't rubbing & causing the squealing on full throttle!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You been around that long Stag250, 2007? I thought Cam's was the first to blow.

What ended up happening mate?

Still going strong at 240,000 kms mark. Just did oil change yesterday. Rocker cover gaskets leak some oil and not sure at this stage if I want to fix that and replace plugs at same time as plugs (original since I bought it bar one) seem still to be ok. Still on original shocks too. These cars are built well that's for sure. Changed front rotors a few months ago. Not sure what I'd buy next but think it will be a diesel for my high mileage p.a. Has to be suv type vehicle too as I'm sick of bottoming out.

Still going strong at 240,000 kms mark. Just did oil change yesterday. Rocker cover gaskets leak some oil and not sure at this stage if I want to fix that and replace plugs at same time as plugs (original since I bought it bar one) seem still to be ok. Still on original shocks too. These cars are built well that's for sure. Changed front rotors a few months ago. Not sure what I'd buy next but think it will be a diesel for my high mileage p.a. Has to be suv type vehicle too as I'm sick of bottoming out.

Lucky you. Mine are all leaking and shit...and its only done "95,000km"...

without trying to stir up the 34 v's the 35 thing but it was quite a while back i mentioned a lot of 35 's seemed to have turbo issue's at quite low k's.......is there an issue with em or are u guys just thrashing em :no:

without trying to stir up the 34 v's the 35 thing but it was quite a while back i mentioned a lot of 35 's seemed to have turbo issue's at quite low k's.......is there an issue with em or are u guys just thrashing em :no:

Hmmm, lets see;

1; Small ceramic wheeled turbo pushing 12-14psi in a 1700kg car; Check.

2; Hugely restrictive factory dump pipe, and 2 catalytic converters to further restrict the exhaust and overheat aforementioned ceramic exhaust wheel; Check.

3; BB core that is susceptible to damage through questionable servicing, and extreme heat (see point 2); Check.

Result; 001ox.jpg

Yeah; it's not rocket surgery, people aren't "Flogging" them as such (not really sure how you could possibly give it a harder time anyway; it spins at 100,000+ rpm, and is subjected to repeated heat cycling up to 800ish deg) but they do a lot of work.

Edited by Daleo

Got the car with 70K......easy driving mostly freeway and the turbo goes at 80K........Rebuilt with a Garret BB core....the new turbo has done 140K with varies levels of boost/motors(my fault) and various setups topping out at 30PSI for a small time with no issue.

You figure it out.

On a further note....one of my mates has a brand new 2011 GTI with only 40K on it:

DSG Gearbox replacement

Front and rear diff replacement

Front rotors gone already....wtf!

Turbo!!!! on standard boost......goooonnnnneeee!

and.......wait for it......a petrol motor that sound like a diesel.......new motor time!

Lucky VW is paying the bill's atm.

Then there's my Dad's V10 Towrag........turbos are still good....but the list of replacements parts after a manufacturing fault with the fuel rail was huge at 110km's

Lolz....without trying to stir up any VW owners! :P

Edited by Jetwreck

Yep, mums husband has a 307Hdi; and when it came back from it's 100,000km service, it had a new turbo.

Me; "Why did they replace that?" Him; "I dunno, they said there was nothing wrong with the old one" Me; "Riiiiiight"

No mention of it on the service documents, just popped in a new one for no reason...

friend got a 2012 polo. 150km in it stalled everyday. they had it for 2 days and said it was fine now... still happened.. at 300km they replaced whole engine. goes fine now.

Yes and don't ask the VW warranty guys about the Twincharger engines either... Good reason Nissan stopped playing with those back with the K10 Micra in 1988... :whistling:

And I know plenty of people in the UK who have had new turbos and other engine parts replaced with the VW group diesels as well...

• 2 weeks later...

i like the look of the xc70 2012 model though. I took one for a test drive and was surprised at its performance and roadholding vs my stag.

Throw 40K at yours to bring it up to matching price and I'd think you would find a big difference.....you cannot compare a 2002 model car with a 2012 model car.

:ph34r: I like the new Volvo's too!!!

Throw 40K at yours to bring it up to matching price and I'd think you would find a big difference.....you cannot compare a 2002 model car with a 2012 model car.

:ph34r: I like the new Volvo's too!!!

hmm 40k of mods...should be able to turn it into a 10 sec car yeh?? overnight parts from japan???

hmm 40k of mods...should be able to turn it into a 10 sec car yeh?? overnight parts from japan???

I did't know that I would have to build a 10 second car to beet a 2012 model Volvo! Why would I buy from Japan when everything can be done locally or from the US?

I did't know that I would have to build a 10 second car to beet a 2012 model Volvo! Why would I buy from Japan when everything can be done locally or from the US?

hahaha i love you craig

nohomo