SAU Community

Phillip Island Sprints 1St & 2Nd Sept With Piarc

billywhiz

I tend to leave from Northcote at 5:45am, though I don't stop on the way. Note I don't go through Cranbourne either - I head towards Pakenham on the Freeway and cut down Koo Wee Rup Road.

Went down to Chasers to have the engine checked out, don't know if the other garage's instrument read low last time but compression was again even but up at around 160 per cylinder, leak down test was also very good. Looks like I can continue to target my money at the rear suspension and possibly Paul Ruzic EM Pro to provide engine monitoring to keep it so - currently just have standard dash.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good news on the comp test, just keep it cool and fill it with fresh oil frequently and bobs your uncle!

i'd love to throw some money at the rear end in my car, it's a constant struggle trying to keep it straight.

have fun at the island!

putting 300kw through my stock rear end was a nightmare at Sandown I just couldnt get on it anywhere but the straights, even then it was point and shoot but dont pull the trigger to hard

...wasnt too bad at PI though, just drove like a normal car but faster,only on the tight tight handers it wanted to step out :D

1.5Way KAAZ or NISMO diff is a must. it's $1500 worth of kit, but money well spent.

This is what Birds was telling me.

How much of a difference did you notice? Just traction out of corners or....?

Yeah diff and brakes is the last big spend I have really..It will have to wait though so in the meantime I will just cruise around and learn the road..

And swaybars..mind of I ask what sizes you run John or is it secret squirrel business..

Adjustable Whiteline Front, there is only one size 24mm.

Fixed Whitline Rear, 20mm.

The diff changes the way the car behaves, not only under power but off power into corners. It's less sloppy and more direct, the change on the road is equally as good. Rob in the black 33 just changed from the stock diff to a KAAZ 1.5 way recently.

GTR is different. The GTR rear subframe is different so is the front (obvious reasons there, front diff)

27mm for the front of the ECR33 is fixed mate. That would be terrible, unless you like massive understeer all the time.

My entry was confirmed by email yesterday too, as scrutiny opens at 7:30 I guess we would need to be there around that time, especially with up to 140 entrants.

I will be meeting other drivers at McDonalds Cranbourne at 6am if you want to get a quick bite and head down with us.

cool, i'll try to make it by then however i'll probably be running late and miss you guys.