SAU Community

Meet/greet/cruise - Friday 07/09/2012

NewB

I'm really keen for this aswel, but its a bit too short notice and need to to just decide a destiantion. i think phillip Island is much easier on a fri night.

Philip Island sounds does sounds good

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do it Friday night how about Kinglake -> Healsville -> ?

Did a cruise with a mate today, took badgercreek rd from Kinglake to Healsville then went about half way up the black spur. Plenty of twisties and 80-100Km speed limit through most of it, was wicked fun.

If you do it Friday night how about Kinglake -> Healsville -> ?

Did a cruise with a mate today, took badgercreek rd from Kinglake to Healsville then went about half way up the black spur. Plenty of twisties and 80-100Km speed limit through most of it, was wicked fun.

yeah was there on the weekend man was heaps of twisties :]

but was looking somehwere for a bit of a drive like Philip Island or Great Ocean Road :]

im out gents. once the timing belt is changed next week, ill be up for the next one.

damn :[

yeah I think my power steerings leaking a bit too from the twisites last satday need to get that checked out :[

So I'm thinking of moving the date til next week friday atleast everyone will be ready by that time too.

What do you reckoned?

damn :[

yeah I think my power steerings leaking a bit too from the twisites last satday need to get that checked out :[

So I'm thinking of moving the date til next week friday atleast everyone will be ready by that time too.

What do you reckoned?

Can't make the meet if it's this Friday but if it's next week, then I should be in ;)

ok dandy nissan just told me im booked in the 19th. so im out till then fellas!

we should do something on a sunday, have a meet up then a cruise down to a go kart track or some stuff. have a bit of a legal race!

Aight guys change of plans

When:14/09/2012 [next friday night]

Meeting place: Kings Complex Entertainment [ 366 Boundary Road Dingley Village VIC 3172 ]

Time: 10:00pm for a 10:30 departure

Destination: Great Ocean Road or Philip Island

choose which one you guys want and majority wins :]

LOL

Have you done the maths on this at all?

Torquay is the start of the GOR.

Lorne would be the destination.

Dingley Village -> Torquay = 1h45m

Torquay -> Lorne = 45m

Lorne -> Torquay = 45m

Torquay -> Dingley Village = 1h45m

Departure time: 10:30pm

Return time: 3:30am

Actual Return Time: Daylight and the rest of your weekend is gone.

Even if you've got a perfect run of traffic: Congratulations! You've got a very late, very boring cruise with no scenery because its dark. If you want hills, there are heaps on this side of the city.

And Phillip Island, why? Its boring highway down the M1 and M420. Then you get there and see nothing. Phillip Island is a daytime cruise destination, with beaches and shops.

I could go on, but at this point even my fingers don't want to type anymore in response to this cruise.

good point

that's one of the reasons I had originally set it up for friday during the day but like what you said:

"Horrible cruise is Horrible."

lol @ 10:30am Friday, most people work you know ;)

so neither of those times suits you....there's not much I can really do about it then

places like Healsville, Kingslake,arthurs seat, mt dandenong, and mt donna buang are the very popular ones for cruises.

just wanting something different plain and simple

otherwise you guys can suggest where to go