SAU Community

what happens when petrol gets to $1.15 or 1.23 per liter premium

meggala

this is a possiblility with war in the mid east possible.

what do you do down grade from that t88 you were ordering to a t66 and get a s/hand micra with the change .

sell the skyline cause you cant afford that much juice.

wind down the boost a bit.

don't give a fly f........... wind up the boost for shorter periods and get the T88 any way.

me I'll be keeping the line and drive how I always have.

when it gets to $2.50 a liter

I'll consider getting something cheaper to run. I have paid 1.80 a liter for a while in europe and it wasn't to bad you just dont drive as often.

meggala

the story with the article

http://theage.com.au/articles/2002/09/24/1...2734156712.html

I think about this quite alot.... i wonder what cars are going to be like in a decade or more. Are turbo cars going to be looked upon like old school big block 70s V8s are now? Are we going to have electric cars? Are they going to be quick? What about mods?

Long live the combustion engine!!! :)

your an evil man meg

i didn't need to think of that atm.

grrrrrrr

but if it does happen i'll keep the line as the prices will drop again. hopefully.

would be a good reason for Australia to change the pricing scheme they use. Since they go along with OPEC nation prices which are dearer than what australia gets its oil for, ie we use our own which is gathered from the Australian oil fields off the North West Shelf.

for example we export oil to singapore for less than we apparently buy it from OPEC.

prices might go down but I doubt it the govt gets vry possessive about money.

whats the future then

I think morgs is right in 10 years + we will see the internal combustion engine being phased out electirc cars may be but more likely hybrids or hydrogen powered cars .

they will be slow at first but over time will become faster F! might even change to a different fuel.

in europe you can drive a pertol car for the first few years of driving in some countries you need to drive a diesel.

so with young peple being whatthey are they are modding them with good results 180 hp out of a 2.0 liter turbo diesel that only revs to 4k rpm yeah.

I can see a place for car like hybrids and hydrogen and lets face it in peak hour traffic you really only need a 1 liter engine.

hope fully the new fuels will be clean

meggala

When buying some VP racing fuel about 6 months ago, the distributer started to ask me what i planned to do when "the new legislation" came into effect. My response was what legislation.

Apparently legislation has been passed that efects every person who drives a performance car. Fuel quality is going to be reduced in an attempt to get cleaner emmisions (????? that doesnt sound right)

This apparently means 94 octane max, and even people like my old lady in her turbo Saab are going to be up the creek, the local V8 brigade, everyone. This is meant for introduction in 2005.

I keep meaning to research this a little more. If true typical case of public being kept in the dark about future legislation.

I personally doubt the integrity of what i was told, but i cant really think of a reason why a distributer would MAKE UP such a tale.

If Petrol goes up to $1.20 a litre, maybe all future SAU cruises will be limited to a 25km radius due to cost considerations:D

But seriously, we are lucky to live in an age where resources such as fuel and water are still in plentiful supply. Who knows how things will be 30 years from now.

Just my 2 Cents

From what i hear "the new legislation" started off as a ban on all leaded race fuels sold from some shops as this was to help stop guys running this fuel on the streets but they have now lifted this ban untill 2005 but you must keep a log book of where and when you buy and use leaded race fuels.

And hey i pay $60per 3.5L for my R/C race cars (which is a mix of nitro/methanol) so even if fuel gets to whatever it gets to i will still drive and enjoy my car even if i drink 55L per 200ks.

Maybe methanol might become a cheap fuel hahaha.

Ash.

Given that 80% of Aussie fuel comes from our own resources the fuel price hikes are BS! Well that's if the recent media report that mentioned this stat' is correct?

I wonder how many of us would be like me? I'd be more than happy to pay $3+ per litre if they gave us 105-110RON @ the pump i.e BP Ultimate / Optimax went from 98 to 110 :)

Sure it'd be expensive as hell but it'd be nice to have the choice.

Ok I'll stop dreaming now :zzz:

haha premium here is already over a dollar here, has been for more than 5 years now!

sheesh, down south guys have it good already.

matt should remember how expensive things here are, but then again i dont think he drove fast cars while here lol :bahaha:

buy a 180!

i'd be LUCKY to get 320klms from my line on a tank (65L). Now, i hardly have to try and i will get 500klms from it (60L).. i haven't tried to get maximum kays yet.... i am still trying to convince myself that it is quick. and the right decision...

Maybe the guy thought my car was leaded???

Dont think so though, as the fuel i bought was lead free C16.

Also mentioned something about forcing car manufacturers to look at alternative fuels/technology. There is no reason cars cant run on 94, just means tune will be a lot more conservative.

By some chance if this turns out to be true im going out and buying shares in companies that produce octane boosters.

Originally posted by Sim88

matt should remember how expensive things here are, but then again i dont think he drove fast cars while here lol :bahaha:

G'day dude,

Yeah I do remember how expensive things are up there! You're spot-on mate, I never had to feed a fast car habit during my times up north :)

It helps when the guzzler is just for play :)