SAU Community

Anyone Got Jack Stands I Can Borrow For A Day? Fairfield/mt Pritchard Area.

xntrq

I'm inspecting a R34 tomorrow to replace my beloved one which is now Resting In Pieces. My mate won't be able to get his jacks to me on time so could anyone in or around local Fairfield area, could lend me their stands for a couple of hours?

Yeah haha, I usually borrow my mates one who lives like 2 mins away from me but hes working today and cant get them to me. I'll PM you if I'll still need it tonight. Thanks Duncan!

How did you go with the inspection? Also any reason why it has to be Auto? :whistling:

I drive in the city alot and get stuck in traffic alot.

or the fact that I don't know how to drive manual yet. but both are just as true :)

The seller was pushy so I was cautious. It was exactly what I wanted, colour and kit and all, but the bodykit seems strangely perfectly fitted. The seams sat right up to the panels and from all the 34's ive seen before, theres a little small consistent gap in between all panels, I'd assume that it was one of the few R34's still remaining with the factory aero kit installed by Nissan in Japan. That didn't get me too much but what did get me was the boot lid was not aligned and the inner lower corner of the tail lights was pushed slightly out. no immediate signs of damages but there was a unusal hole that has been punched through on the driver side door sill. the rear bar also appeared to be a DIY cheaply done respray.

was gonna take it to a panel beater to hoist it up and take off the boot trims to inspect it closer but apparently it was sold to someone who was much more eager.

I texted the guy to inspect it the first time and he asked me if I was going to bring 12k in cash, given that he was of middle eastern background as well made me a little uncomfortable.

I texted the guy to inspect it the first time and he asked me if I was going to bring 12k in cash, given that he was of middle eastern background as well made me a little uncomfortable.

fair call, regardless of nationality - hate pushy dream boats like that

yeah any nationality can be dodgy, but it's as long as you get what you want, then no worries...

Like my mate, bought a car with previous damage, but was fixed well. The dealer said, never been hit... so I was like sure thing, I'm peeling off the carpet and jacking the car up. Bam, previous accident, but good repair job. Told my mate, he was happy, low balled the dealer everyone on this end happy :)

I'm thinking of expanding my horizons a little. Would it be worth it to go interstate? What's the process and costs of having it regoed in NSW from say SA or VIC? theres a few diamonds there...

fair call, regardless of nationality - hate pushy dream boats like that

Yes...

...always been cautious about handing lots of cash for hardware ever since watching ronin ;)

I'm thinking of expanding my horizons a little. Would it be worth it to go interstate? What's the process and costs of having it regoed in NSW from say SA or VIC? theres a few diamonds there...

big pain in annooss.. will need to de-rego car, then blue slip here, then re-rego...

IMHO, waste of time and energy. Not to mention they won't be on REVS.

big pain in annooss.. will need to de-rego car, then blue slip here, then re-rego...

IMHO, waste of time and energy. Not to mention they won't be on REVS.

Don't VIC have something similar to REVS anyway?

Ricky as Johnnilicte said, just stick to NSW cause it won't be worth the hassle nor the money to get the car re-rego'ed here in NSW. Also bear in that if you get it re-rego'ed, from memory you'll have to go through the whole blue slip process again. That means more things will be nit-picked and you will have to fork out even more money to get the car back on the road with NSW plates.

When it comes to previous accidents, the way I see it is that the panels are like the clothes of the car. Clothes will always have a chance to be damaged, but so long as the rails and the inside 'guts' of the car is tidy and the repair job is good, then that's all that matters. Remember most of the cars that you'll be looking at will be 10+ years old. I highly doubt there are liners out there at that age that hasn't had even one minor prang, unless it's never been driven and was stuck in a garage somewhere in Japan.

Sometimes you may get lucky and find a good example for a good price straight away. Other times you may just have to be patient.