SAU Community

Big Brake Group Buy - Skyline / Silvia / Stagea / Wrx / Evo / All Makes/models

R31Nismoid

Would totally depend on the use of the car.

If you are just a club sprint type person with your typically modded club level type of car (300-350rwkw, semi's/suspension etc) then you'll only be getting 3-4 laps @ a time anyway before oil/water stop you so the fronts will be working but the rears not really.

However if you are doing tarmac work or extended laps for a more serious car/setup, you'd think about doing both as likely you'd have all sorts of mods and maybe even bias adjustment etc.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added both you guys in!

Was talking to Aaron from Import Monster today - if we can get another 5 sets secured to round off 15 - Aaron will get those sets ordered.

So that you guys don't have to wait for another month+ before we get to 25 for the first batch, and you'll get them early in the new year before the next season of track days kick on given a few of you are probably going to be into that caper :)

So make sure you have your pennies ready, shouldn't take much longer to get 5 sets sorted.

Bit surprised this hasn't taken off given the value people are getting from it, ah well, lucky you guys :D

If you need more technical advice about the kits message me and ill get the information you require..

is there a caliper template available like alcons to check clearances? I'm running 18x10+15 deep dish rims which doesn't lend itself well for brake clearance, would like to confirm Duncan's view that it's comparable to stock size

Any chance I could fit 356's under 17" Buddyclub Q1 PF's on a 32 GTR?

Far as i know - can't happen in 17", D2 state on their own site you need min of 18"

Couple guys running 330mm here in Vic and the fit is acceptable on 17" - 356mm you couldn't say the same at all :)

i cant believie it hasnt taken off either. i had been waiting for this since you first mentioned it in the ksport review a year ago.

im at wakefield early march so if i get them by then i will be happy

its an awesome deal guys get in on it

Been checking around abit and perhaps the deal is pretty good but not fantastic.

www.japspeed.co.uk has the 356 WRX fronts for 999 gbp and rears for 899...

http://www.japspeed.co.uk/Subaru-Impreza-GC8/Braking/Subaru-Impreza-WRX-92-00-D2-Front-Big-Brake-Kit-356mm-5x100pcd-Black-Edition/p-23-71-571/

http://www.japspeed.co.uk/Subaru-Impreza-GC8/Braking/Subaru-Impreza-WRX-92-00-D2-Rear-Big-Brake-Kit-330mm-5x100pcd-Black-Edition/p-23-71-944/

This is 1898 GBP front and rear... is that about 700 aud less than this group buy price?

How about a better deal on the front and rears together...?

1000 Pounds is $1530 AUS for the fronts

+ $150 taxes

+ $150 shipping

+ $150 ADR lines

So you'll be spending a minimum of $2,000 fronts alone to get them landed (so $200-$300 more), and dealing with an overseas company that should something go wrong, you're stuffed.

The rears are different story that's the price I was told - if that's the best, and it's still cheaper, then that's it really?

I can't see how it's $700 AUD less, it's clearly more expensive.

Just quickly - please read the listing for the rear kit properly

http://www.japspeed....on/p-23-71-944/

"Please note that you will require to convert your handbrake to hydraulic as these kits do not have a housing for the handbrake cable."

The reason this rear kit is more expensive is because we have specified compatibility with the factory handbrake which is normally a $250 added option.

We can offer you a cheaper package if you do not require factory handbrake compatibility - however from personal experience, unless you have bias adjusters and a proper custom setup braking system, hydraulic handbrakes are a pita.

Yup I hear ya....

The deal with my car is that its in storage in the UK with zak from mocomracing.co.uk... so shipping and chasing problems is not an issue.

There is also another D2 big brake group buy in the UK at the moment run by japspeed.co.uk

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/157603-japspeed-d2-big-brake-kits-back-stock-group-buy-prices-3.html

So I am gonna get a better deal over there because I dont have to take the brakes with me

next time I am on a visit.

Not sure if I am gonna create a whole lot of problems but it seems that perhaps I should

contact the uk suppliers and see what the deal is?

Ok so I did some more digging over the pricing into that GB thread.

According to Paypal, their group buy price at 899 pounds for the front 8 piston 356mm kit is $1440 before you add freight, import taxes, customs agent fees and ADR approved braided lines. Freight on these brakes is at least a few hundred dollars for a set as they're very heavy. ADR approved braided lines are a minimum of $150 a pair to have made up (which I've already said).

$1440 brakes

$200 freight

5% import duty

10% import GST

Brokerage ($80 minimum)

Braided lines @ $150

Unless they have every combination in stock (they don't, they've specified they only have black) they would have to order them in from D2, get them to the UK and then ship them to Australia. You'd be looking at a minimum of 3 months before anyone saw their product. And then wouldn't have the ADR approved lines. And would be more expensive than the group buy.

And then, as if the above isn’t enough – with this group buy, you get to -

Purchase from a long term SAU sponsor and community supporter

Purchase from an authorised Australian D2 Racing dealer with local support

Price is fixed, fully inclusive of all taxes and freight to Australia.

I can't believe anyone is even talking about the price, IMO its cheap enough as it is.

Are you that hard up that you wanna do massive missions to save $20?

And then in the end it will bite you on the ass and end up costing more anyway.

The price is what is, if its too much for you hit the back button and move on the the next thread.

/end rant