SAU Community

Beware - R34 Gtr For Sale In Sydney

Has anyone seen the Bayside Blue car they've got on carsales, with an S-Tune engine and LMGT's.

I know SAG are a 'steer clear' business but an S-tune engine has to be worth a quick squizz no?

They've also got Ferrari's and a few lamborghinis there, I wonder if they get the same treatment as their Nissans

This!

I have the same question on my mind.

• Like 1

Hi mate... I went to Sydney last weekend to take a look at this car... its terrible.

Its had a front end hit, underneath the driver side front fender I noticed re welds, showing me it wasn't just a love tap. The steering wheel wear does not match up with the km on the dash, I expect the car has done over 150,000 km. The bonnet has cracks all over it and has been re painted. The strut tower on driver side has also been re sprayed.

Mate I would not even consider this car. I would say probably the worst car I have inspected.

Cheers mate.

Doesn't surprise me.

Did you point all this out to the salesman? If so, what did the salesman say?

Now I'm curious - I thought cars that require repairs such as this were illegal to be registered on the streets (maybe Chef can clarify?). Though I bet they'll come up with some BS story that it got damaged during transport or something in Australia.

Any chance of obtaining the VIN and possible searches via auction papers on it's grade? I'm sure the ACCC and other entities would be interested in this.

A lot of the import dealerships own their own compliance workshops.

Found this for more lawls hahahah

http://www.edwardlees.com.au/testimonials

Just watched first vid with the autech S15... now why would it have two different tail lights? Pause at 0:26 and notice the RHS tailight has a strip of red in it (look near boot lock), where as the left doesn't.

Has anyone seen the Bayside Blue car they've got on carsales, with an S-Tune engine and LMGT's.

I know SAG are a 'steer clear' business but an S-tune engine has to be worth a quick squizz no?

They've also got Ferrari's and a few lamborghinis there, I wonder if they get the same treatment as their Nissans

If its the same one they had there ages ago its a pos! rusting on the outside of the rear wheel arch just for a taste...

pretty sure it was the last car i inspected from these guys, i'd had enough and have not wasted another minute with them..

If its the same one they had there ages ago its a pos! rusting on the outside of the rear wheel arch just for a taste...

pretty sure it was the last car i inspected from these guys, i'd had enough and have not wasted another minute with them..

Thanks Anthony.

I think there are a few people who have noticed this car now. BSB V-Spec S-Tune.

As mentioned earlier it has also got quite a price tag attached and if that's the condition of it that is just sad!

could be a different one as the one i saw down there was a little under 2 years ago, but sounds similar being a bsb, stune engine etc..

Thanks Anthony.

I think there are a few people who have noticed this car now. BSB V-Spec S-Tune.

As mentioned earlier it has also got quite a price tag attached and if that's the condition of it that is just sad!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I've been doing a lot of reading on here this week after a mate and I checked out all the dealers on Parramatta Road and I'm lucky I stumbled across this thread.

I thought we were being thorough at looking at them but obviously not thorough enough!

My mate is after an R34 and I'd be after an R33 in the future but after reading all this all the dealers seem dodgy. I've been looking into J-Spec as well but I just can't imagine spending that much money on a used car that I've never looked at or never driven.

Should dealers be avoided all together? Some of them may be that good at lying that it's impossible to tell!

I did a search and I can't find any official complaints made to the ACCC regarding All Imports/ sports auto group.

Its good to see that a google search 'Sports auto group R34 GTR' comes up on page 1 and ranked first.

I would dare say with dealers in general, few are honest. With the imports, it's even easier because of lot of customers do not understand the processes, etc that are involved in importing vehicles, records that can be checked, so on and so on.

A few of the "dealers" in Sydney, such as Top Secret Motorsports, Japlink Motors, Xtreme Motorsports are quite trustworthy. I'm sure others could pipe in with their own recommendations.

Now with brokers - I think now is possibly a good time to look overseas to bring in a fresh import, even though the yen isn't as strong as it was 2 or 3 weeks ago, it is still better than it was last year. Yes, you won't be able to drive/evaluate it yourself but I know brokers such as IronChef have their runners go out and inspect cars in the metal, give their reports, etc which you can review. Always comes down to budget and how long you're willing to wait.

As for All Imports / Sports Auto Group - can't make any comments on the forum. I'm also not sure what body does in investigations regarding RAWS workshop but I doubt it's the ACCC. The thing is a lot of customers just aren't aware of their rights. If you're not aware, a lot of complaints (in general for all companies) go unheard.

I would dare say with dealers in general, few are honest. With the imports, it's even easier because of lot of customers do not understand the processes, etc that are involved in importing vehicles, records that can be checked, so on and so on.

A few of the "dealers" in Sydney, such as Top Secret Motorsports, Japlink Motors, Xtreme Motorsports are quite trustworthy. I'm sure others could pipe in with their own recommendations.

Now with brokers - I think now is possibly a good time to look overseas to bring in a fresh import, even though the yen isn't as strong as it was 2 or 3 weeks ago, it is still better than it was last year. Yes, you won't be able to drive/evaluate it yourself but I know brokers such as IronChef have their runners go out and inspect cars in the metal, give their reports, etc which you can review. Always comes down to budget and how long you're willing to wait.

As for All Imports / Sports Auto Group - can't make any comments on the forum. I'm also not sure what body does in investigations regarding RAWS workshop but I doubt it's the ACCC. The thing is a lot of customers just aren't aware of their rights. If you're not aware, a lot of complaints (in general for all companies) go unheard.

Looks like I came to the right place, really appreciate that feedback. I suppose a lot of the dealers don't even know much about the cars themselves, for example not knowing the difference between a V-Spec and a normal GT-R is pretty common I've found along with not knowing if the instrument cluster has been replaced.

Looked up Iron Chef and been reading some posts and he sounds pretty good, many of you guys have great cars on here so they must be coming from somewhere :)

• Like 1

Looked up Iron Chef and been reading some posts and he sounds pretty good, many of you guys have great cars on here so they must be coming from somewhere :)

Actually, you've just prompted an idea - indeed, an epiphany!

1) We're not supposed to rubbish an importer/dealer

2) We're not supposed to tout either

So, perhaps I should start a thread in the "Imports" section, purely based on personal experience!

Thank you Sovereign337 :)

(BTW what's your first name?)

• Like 1

Hey no worries Terry even though it wasn't really intentional :)

That would be great mate, there may be a lot of dealers out there who are genuine likewise with importers. For a newcomer just looking to get a GT-R it would be really helpful to know who everyone used and how it all went. Even when just inspecting cars.

I'm Shane, nice to meet you all!

I agree there are the good and the bad. However, just treat any inspection at an importer like anywhere else. Condition speaks volumes over "kilometres" stated on the car. And at the end of the day realistically that is what you are after. But yes always do your research!

And also nice to meet ya mate!

Your best bet is to post a Wanted to Buy thread in the For Sale section of Skylines Australia and inspect forum-member owned cars. That way you can track the history of cars somewhat better than just inspecting random cars advertised by dealers, importers or private owners on carsales/gumtree etc.

Also, if you speak to honest guys like Iron Chef, they tell to you look at local cars as a first option because you can trace the history of the cars in Australia, and only if you don't find something you like (or want something not available in Australia such as a N1 or Z-tune), import a car from Japan.