SAU Community

Beware - R34 Gtr For Sale In Sydney

Just a warning to the SAU Community from a private source. There is an R34 GT-R that's appeared online For Sale, with highly altered km's.

Car has 145,000kms on it when looking at a Japanese listing:

http://www.fcautosou...NE_GT-R%20VSPEC

Car now suddenly has 29,000kms on it:

http://www.allimport...d=4&car_id=2100

Different car you say? Well take a look at the old pictures that were up on the website for a while, but have been altered some time today.

post-709-0-60305300-1352356687_thumb.jpg

Guess it's lucky a screen dump was taken before things were changed to tell the true story :merli:

Looks like the wheels/front bar have been altered (if the adjusted pics are even of the actual car).

As the car has come from Auction - if you are enquiring - ask to see the Auction sheet, although it would likely be "unavailable" or some excuse about it not being purchased via Auctions etc.

Buyer beware people.

• Like 2

Good find. They seem to have a lot of R34 GTRs with similar kms ;) A lot of wear on the inside of the chair bolster too on the Japanese auction photos. Conveniently changed to black in AU.

Edited by sin-

Not surprising really considering who is selling this car.

Unless you can view an auction sheet you are probably safe to assume most imports will have had a "hair cut" these days.

Even then it there is a fair chance it has had one at home before it went to auction.

i rekon there two different cars (at least the photos are). The colour match is to good for the front bar.

The jap photos also have a nismo speedo unit, double din stereo and modified intake piping. The aussie has single din, factory speedo, different exhaust, different wheels, factory option flood lamps, stock front bar, stock airbox/stock piping, stock wheels.

i rekon there two different cars (at least the photos are). The colour match is to good for the front bar.

The jap photos also have a nismo speedo unit, double din stereo and modified intake piping. The aussie has single din, factory speedo, different exhaust, different wheels, factory option flood lamps, stock front bar, stock airbox/stock piping, stock wheels.

I reckon someones done a swap over on all the parts to their personal MNP GTR. I sure would with a lot of the gear on it.

The bar is quite hard to come by. The rest is easily changed.

So all the aftermarket gear has been taken off and replaced with stock - intake and intercooler piping were switched out, exhaust (originally was a Titanium one) as well.

With the speedo, the Nismo one would be prefered by the owner and the stock one would have 29000km.. which is more attractive to buyers.

I definitely think this is what happened.

Lol, seen this happen numerous times before.

This is why the value of imports in Australia are declining so rapidly...because a bunch of train wrecks always manage to trickle their way into the country through the dealerships (whose main aim is to profit).

Immaculate 1990s performance vehicles (think skyline gtr, supra, silvia etc) in Japan command an absolute premium...and command bugger all when they are in shit condition, which is why dealerships here can make a massive profit as theyll put a rather large markup on them.

I hope someone doesn't buy that particular vehicle, theyll get a few nice suprises later on down the track.

I reckon someones done a swap over on all the parts to their personal MNP GTR. I sure would with a lot of the gear on it.

The bar is quite hard to come by. The rest is easily changed.

So all the aftermarket gear has been taken off and replaced with stock - intake and intercooler piping were switched out, exhaust (originally was a Titanium one) as well.

With the speedo, the Nismo one would be prefered by the owner and the stock one would have 29000km.. which is more attractive to buyers.

I definitely think this is what happened.

+1

Someone else i know called earlier for a laugh. The car isn't even in the country yet, and it would have stock wheels when it arrived is what he was told.

So it sounds like the photo's are of an entirely different car to what will be coming in - because you can clearly see the screen shot of the site prior to editing was using identical pictures to the Auction. The photos are just to "make do" for now, as they've been caught red handed.

Someone else i know called earlier for a laugh. The car isn't even in the country yet, and it would have stock wheels when it arrived is what he was told.

My guess it the photo's are of an entirely different car to what will be coming in - because you can clearly see the screen shot of the site prior to editing was using identical pictures to the Auction.

Haha, my thoughts are invalid then.

Too early to say. Just keep an eye on MNP GTRs coming in to Australia, there won't be many.

My guess it the photo's are of an entirely different car to what will be coming in - because you can clearly see the screen shot of the site prior to editing was using identical pictures to the Auction.

Hahaha yep.

Theyd be using pictures of another other car on their site in hope people dont realise which one theyve actually bought from Japan, as they would have realised soon after they put the actual pics up on the website that people might find out they bought a nice train wreck.

Anyway, a MNPIII in Japan is a rarity, and in immaculate condition they command roughly 85k + (iron chef will have a better idea of prices at auction, as i just scan a lot of the dealerships). So to be advertised at their dealership for 59k (with a nice juicy profit + shipping + compliance) etc....you guys can imagine the condition/price they picked it up for in Japan :laugh:

Not surprising really considering who is selling this car.

+1

You and I both know Tom, that this company has a 'reputation'. :mad:

A repaired black Nur was sold by them this year, to one unsuspecting buyer being a case in point. :mad:

ACA was investigating them about odo tampering :mad:

And there's more yuk...

Good find Ash! And thanks on behalf of NSW guys.

Thanks too go to other importers who've brought my attention to this.

I take note of the fact that the car is priced as $48,888 > geared to some unsuspecting Asian buyer?

It should be $4444

+1

You and I both know Tom, that this company has a 'reputation'. :mad:

A repaired black Nur was sold by them this year, to one unsuspecting buyer being a case in point. :mad:

ACA was investigating them about odo tampering :mad:

And there's more yuk...

Good find Ash! And thanks on behalf of NSW guys.

Terry I remember this NUR. It had gold rims on it (with chrome lips) and no interior pics were up on their website or carsales, and they were asking 75/80k for it from memory. I would love to hear what actually happened with this car. This all import crew sound like a bunch of tip rats.....Also, their asking price for this "stock" MP3 v-spec is way overinflated. Even if it was all genuine....

What I think happened with this car is that it came over as it appeared in the japanese pics, and when it was being complianced a whole bunch of stuff came off for the compliance so while they were at it they took the rest of the aftermarket goods off and swapped it all for stock to make the car appear unmolested. Secondly, any half-minded person who has been looking to buy a 34 GTR will know the main tell-tale signs of age/condition to look out for. Bolster wear is dfinitely at the top of the list. Clearly in this instance a simple interior swap has been performed however :I

Edited by Iron Mike

They have plenty advertised for sale atm to, which I'm sure they all have a similar story as this one.

When searching for mine I wasted a lot of time coming to Sydney from Newcastle to inspect cars, after 3-4 trips I'd had enough and never bothered again.

And I caught them using incorrect photos once before to, they advertised a vspecii with pics of a vsepc, when asked the question they admitted the photos posted weren't of the actually car?... Haha, so, I would say the same has happened here.

That black Nur Michael, had 146,***Kms on it in Japan > Just over 20,***Kms here in Oz.

The dude is using the same modus operandi

Yes as well as insisting on Japanese history and auction report, cursory giveaway signs are...

* bolster wear

* carpet wear

* steering wheel wear

* gear knob wear

* scratches under driver's door handle

* windscreen wiper arms ageing

* key scratches on ignition collar

* windscreen mouldings

* scratches on driver's door sill

* plugs should most likely be original on a 30,000Km car

* coil pack looms should be supple and not hard

* wear and tear on front bumper if original

* pedal rubber wear

...and that's before you inspect for rust or damage repair

What I think happened with this car is that it came over as it appeared in the japanese pics, and when it was being complianced a whole bunch of stuff came off for the compliance

The car isn't even in the country yet - so thats not possible :)