SAU Community

Beware - R34 Gtr For Sale In Sydney

Id just like to drop my 2c in on this thread with regards to the dealer mentioned and my previous experience with them.

I was looking at a Cube around this time last year and popped into this dealer as they had a few on display. I was interested in a clean example they had, relatively low kilometers and was ready to put a deposit on it. I requested the Japanese dereg papers/export certificate and was told this wouldnt be a problem, they would email them to me.

I was emailed an export certificate as promised, but upon opening the image they sent me, something didn't look right. I opened the image up into Photoshop and played around with the brightness/contrast and immediately it was obvious the document had been altered. Take a look yourself: http://i.minus.com/i3USkFyChtM4n.jpg

Needless to say I told them to jam it and went and saw Gavin at IMG, and bought my Cube from him. :)

she has been stripped so many times - it was only after we got her that we started to add all of the goodies in.

Yes we have been to Top Secret Japan several times and have purchased a couple of cars from the boys (by the way smokey is hardly ever there but his business partner is not a bad guy). The current driveline we purchased on one trip - the shipping killed me.

On the first trip they checked the vin and identified the car as one of theirs but mentioned - wow it has been stripped.

So from then onwards we have been buying new bits for her when the money becomes available. We have spent over $100k since we picked her up and we have just spent $45k more on her Nov - Dec.

The car is actually featuring in GTR Japan (not sure of month yet) as our engine builder "Garage Yoshida" is being featured and Kozo is using our car as one of the engines he has built. He is currently building another RB26 to run at this years WTAC.

Before anyone comments - yes we can build engines but I personally like my race engines built by Kozo and for the guys here that know him you know what I am talking about.

Id just like to drop my 2c in on this thread with regards to the dealer mentioned and my previous experience with them.

I was looking at a Cube around this time last year and popped into this dealer as they had a few on display. I was interested in a clean example they had, relatively low kilometers and was ready to put a deposit on it. I requested the Japanese dereg papers/export certificate and was told this wouldnt be a problem, they would email them to me.

I was emailed an export certificate as promised, but upon opening the image they sent me, something didn't look right. I opened the image up into Photoshop and played around with the brightness/contrast and immediately it was obvious the document had been altered. Take a look yourself: http://i.minus.com/i3USkFyChtM4n.jpg

Needless to say I told them to jam it and went and saw Gavin at IMG, and bought my Cube from him. :)

ROFL at the gap in just the right spot...

Have a close look in the lower left hand corner, just below the word "mileage".

Just happens to have the first number/s of the odometer reading "missing".

Shyster cunce of the highest order.

Have a close look in the lower left hand corner, just below the word "mileage".

Just happens to have the first number/s of the odometer reading "missing".

Shyster cunce of the highest order.

Bingo!

Just stumbled over this thread when doing some research about SAG. I was going to go out and have a look at a white 34GTR they have at the moment this Saturday. In the pics, the rear bar looks a different white compared to the rest of the car, and it has a "genuine" 38,000kms.

I think I might pass now. Chef, you will have PM shortly.

Thanks chaps.

Shaz

New members should read more and realise that many of us own mutliple Skylines and in some cases have had many more.

The advise offered is free and should be taken into consideration when making any decision on purchase.

We have all been 1st time Skyline buyers and thought the Salesman is super honest.

Look I am a dealer but only do special orders and the one piece of advise that I can give you is this "Salesmen are not your friends".

Most dealers are only in it for the money - see what they drive - do they race - do they go to skyline days - generally no.

We have all been 1st time Skyline buyers and thought the Salesman is super honest.

Look I am a dealer but only do special orders and the one piece of advise that I can give you is this "Salesmen are not your friends".

Most dealers are only in it for the money - see what they drive - do they race - do they go to skyline days - generally no.

I sell used cars, commercial and 4X4's.. i'm not a liar, the customer lies more than a salesperson does (at least in my case) promising to come back and "talking to my wife" lol. I know what your talking about it's just a shame that there is a lot of dodgy f*cks out there that make the rest of us look bad.

Japan's small enough to have cars driven in short distances. Plus being a sports car, they could be respected by most enthusiasts and driven rarely. Question is if they're tampered here or over there.

Japanese cities on the other hand are actually quite huge, due to their vast population density - which is where I assume, most people do their driving.

If you pay a premium for a 13+ year old car, then I guess it's a risk you'll have to take. Also consider that, in the end, it's still seen by many as the same car, no matter the cost...

Edited by dalv